Comparative Competition Policy: National Institutions in a Global Market
- Doern, G. Bruce(University of Exeter)Wilks, Stephen(University of Exeter)
This original collection comprises the first comparative study of competition policy, an area which has emerged as a vibrant and influential discipline within the study of economic policy and policy-making. The victory of market economics means that every capitalist country has created or intensified competition policy. The study compares the six `model' policy regimes of the USA, Germany, Japan, the UK, Canada, and the European Union. The role of institutions and political process in controlling monopolies, cartels, and mergers is emphasised. the case for convergence and the emergence of a global regime is evaluated. Cutting through the traditional arena of lawyers and economists, this edited volume provides incisive political analysis of the mechanics of international competiton policy. It is an exciting and original new look at how policy is formed on the international stage.
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
This book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198280620 and published in 1996. ISBN: 9780198280620 Order: http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780198280620.do Handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780198280620 Contact details of provider: Web page: http://www.oup.com/
Order Information: Web: http://www.oup.com/
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2009.
"Competition Policy Trends and Economic Growth: Cross-National Empirical Evidence,"
CIG Working Papers
SP II 2009-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Joseph Clougherty, 2010. "Competition Policy Trends and Economic Growth: Cross-National Empirical Evidence," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 111-127.
- Clougherty, Joseph A., 2009. "Competition Policy Trends and Economic Growth: Cross-National Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 7515, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Jo Seldeslachts, 2013.
"The Deterrence Effects of US Merger Policy Instruments,"
Journal of Law, Economics and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 29(5), pages 1114-1144, October.
- Clougherty, Joseph A. & Seldeslachts, Jo, 2011. "The Deterrence Effects of U.S. Merger Policy Instruments," CEPR Discussion Papers 8482, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph A. Clougherty & Jo Seldeslachts, 2011. "The Deterrence Effects of U.S. Merger Policy Instruments," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-095/1, Tinbergen Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780198280620. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed