Should the United States Privatize Social Security?
- Benjamin M. Friedman() (Harvard University)
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alain Jousten & Pierre Pestieau, 2002.
"Labor Mobility, Redistribution, and Pension Reform in Europe,"
NBER Chapters,in: Social Security Pension Reform in Europe, pages 85-108
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jousten, Alain & Pestieau, Pierre, 2001. "Labour Mobility, Redistribution And Pensions Reform In Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 2792, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sita Nataraj & John B. Shoven, 2003. "Comparing the Risks of Social Security with and without Individual Accounts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 348-353, May.
- Helmut Cremer & Pierre Pestieau, 1999. "Coping with the pension crisis: is it a demographic, financial or political problem?," CREPP Working Papers 9907, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Gupta Ramesh, 2002. "Pension Reforms in India: Myth, Reality and Policy Choices," IIMA Working Papers WP2002-09-03, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Pestieau, Pierre & Possen, Uri M., 2000. "Investing Social Security in the Equity Market. Does It Make a Difference?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(1), pages 41-58, March.
- Simonovits, András, 2004.
"Hogyan óvjuk meg az (amerikai) társadalombiztosítási nyugdíjrendszert?. Magyar szemmel P. A. Diamond-P. R. Orszag Saving Social Security című könyvéről
[How to protect the US social-security pensio," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 752-767.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2002. "The Economics of Pensions: A non-conventional approach," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 149-177.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2004. "The controversy over the US Social Security Surplus. A non conventional view," Department of Economics University of Siena 418, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Bossi, Luca, 2008. "Intergenerational risk shifting through social security and bailout politics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 2240-2268, July.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & POSSEN, Uri, 2000. "Macroeconomic implications of switching the social security trust fund towards a greater investment in equities," CORE Discussion Papers 2000035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pestieau, Pierre & Possen, Uri M., 2000. "Investing Social Security in the Equity Market. Does it Make a Difference?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 1), pages 41-58, March.
- Brücker, Herbert & Legros, Florence, 2001. "The impact of Eastern enlargement on EU-labour markets / Pensions reform between economic and political problems," ZEI Working Papers B 12-2001, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- John F. Cogan & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2003. "Perspectives from the President's Commission on Social Security Reform," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 149-172, Spring.
- Forum Franco Allemand, 2001. "EU Labour Markets," Working Papers 2001-05, CEPII research center.
- Christopher Niggle, 2003. "Globalization, Neoliberalism and the attack on social security," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 61(1), pages 51-71.
More about this item
Keywordssocial security; privatization; fund management;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtp:titles:0262011743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .