Why Europe has to offer a better deal towards its Muslim communities. A quantitative analysis of open international data
Our rigorous quantitative results, based on the first systematic use of the Muslim community data contained in the "European Social Survey" (ESS), compatible with much of the rest of current European political economic thinking regarding the future alternatives for the European Union, and contradict the very extended current alarmist political discourse in Western Europe. Those give strong support to the hypothesis that passive support for Islamist radicalism in Europe and the complete distrust in democracy does not exceed 400.000 persons. We also compare our research results with the recent PEW data. By and large, the two datasets yield the same results. We also find that Muslim economic and social alienation in Europe very much corresponds to deficiencies of the implementation of the "Lisbon" process. We also present a rigorous re-analysis of United States Department of State data on acts of global terrorism in the framework of Kondratiev cycle waves. Further dispelling irrational immigration-phobias and Islamophobia in general, the present work also shows that, by and large, pretty much the same functions of key (positive or negative) UNDP development indicators (y-axis) hold in comparison with purchasing power per capita (x-axis) in the Muslim world and the non-Muslim countries.
This item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Islamismo na Europa in Wikipedia Portuguese ne '')
- Іслам у Європі in Wikipedia Ukranian ne '')
- Islam in Europe in Wikipedia English ne '')
- World Values Survey in Wikipedia Dutch ne '')
- World Values Survey in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Islam en France in Wikipedia French ne '')
- World Values Survey in Wikipedia Spanish ne '')
- Islamismo in Wikipedia Spanish ne '')
- Islamism in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Islam en Francia in Wikipedia Spanish ne '')
- Muslim world in Wikipedia English ne '')
- 世界価値観調査 in Wikipedia Japanese ne '')
- Islam in Wikipedia Polish ne '')
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erv:ebooks:b001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Gómez Sánchez)or (Lisette Villamizar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.