An economic view of food deserts in the united states
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William Bellinger & Jue Wang, 2011. "Poverty, Place or Race: Causes of the Retail Gap in Smaller U.S. Cities," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 253-270, September.
- Harding, Matthew & Lovenheim, Michael, 2017.
"The effect of prices on nutrition: Comparing the impact of product- and nutrient-specific taxes,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 53-71.
- Matthew Harding & Michael Lovenheim, 2014. "The Effect of Prices on Nutrition: Comparing the Impact of Product- and Nutrient-Specific Taxes," NBER Working Papers 19781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Harding & Michael Lovenheim, 2014. "The Effect of Prices on Nutrition: Comparing the Impact of Product- and Nutrient-Specific Taxes," Discussion Papers 13-023, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Manan Roy & Daniel Millimet & Rusty Tchernis, 2012.
"Federal nutrition programs and childhood obesity: inside the black box,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Roy, Manan & Millimet, Daniel L. & Tchernis, Rusty, 2010. "Federal Nutrition Programs and Childhood Obesity: Inside the Black Box," IZA Discussion Papers 5316, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Humphreys, Brad & Zhou, Li, 2013. "Sports Facilities, Agglomeration, and Urban Redevelopment," Working Papers 2013-4, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Wilde, Parke & Llobrera, Joseph & Ver Ploeg, Michele, 2014. "Population Density, Poverty, and Food Retail Access in the United States: An Empirical Approach," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(A).
- Dharmasena, Senarath & Bessler, David A. & Capps, Oral, 2016. "Food environment in the United States as a complex economic system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 163-175.
- Humphreys, Brad R. & Zhou, Li, 2015. "Sports facilities, agglomeration, and public subsidies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 60-73.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:87-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- France Caillavet & Gayaneh Kyureghian & Rodolfo M. Nayga & Coline Ferrant & Pierre Chauvin, 2015. "Does Healthy Food Access Matter in a French Urban Setting?: The Role of Food Retail Structure," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/19upp1b1si9, Sciences Po.
- Matthew Freedman & Annemarie Kuhns, 2017. "Supply-Side Subsidies to Improve Food Access and Dietary Outcomes: Evidence from the New Markets Tax Credit," Working Papers 171804, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Chenarides, Lauren & Goetz, Stephan J., 2012. "Limited Food Access as an Equilibrium Outcome: An Empirical Analysis," 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium, May 30-31, Boston, MA 123196, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Caillavet, France & Kyureghian, Gayaneh & Nayga, Rudy & Ferrant, Coline & Chauvin, Pierre, 2014. "Does Healthy Food Access Matter in a French Urban Setting? The Role of Food Retail Structure," 2015 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2015, Boston, Massachusetts 195706, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hunt Allcott & Rebecca Diamond & Jean-Pierre Dubé, 2017. "The Geography of Poverty and Nutrition: Food Deserts and Food Choices Across the United States," NBER Working Papers 24094, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bla:jconsa:v:51:y:2017:i:3:p:566-597 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ellickson, Paul B. & Grieco, Paul L.E., 2013. "Wal-Mart and the geography of grocery retailing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 1-14.
- repec:bla:ijurrs:v:41:y:2017:i:3:p:414-425 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:amsrev:v:3:y:2013:i:4:d:10.1007_s13162-013-0049-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Oehmke, James F. & Coleman, Marcus A. & Weatherspoon, Lorraine J., 2014. "Understanding Consumer Preferences for Nutritious Foods: Retailing Strategies in a Food Desert," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(A).
- Quynh Lê & Hoang Nguyen & Daniel Terry & Stefan Dieters & Stuart Auckland & Gretchen Long, 2015. "Quantifying and visualizing access to healthy food in a rural area of Australia: A spatial analysis," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(5), pages 1017-1029, October.
- Kyureghian, Gayaneh & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr., 2012. "The Role of Food Access in Meeting Some Dietary Guidelines: A Natural Experiment," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 129727, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Rabinowitz, Adam N., 2011. "The Relationship of Supermarket Access to the Price and Nutritional Quality of Household Purchases," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103959, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:30:y:2011:i:1:p:153-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.