Health insurance and catastrophic illness: a report on the New Cooperative Medical System in rural China
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hongmei Yi & Yaojiang Shi & Linxiu Zhang & Kim Singer & Scott Rozelle & Scott Atlas, "undated". "Health Insurance and Catastrophic Illness: A Report on the New Cooperative Medical System in Rural China," REAP Papers 22715, Rural Education Action Project at Stanford University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caballes, Alvin B., 2015. "Institutional Financing of Catastrophic Health Expenditures," Philippine Journal of Development PJD 2013 Vol. 40 Nos. 1-2, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Winnie Yip & Adam Wagstaff & William C. Hsiao, 2009. "Economic analysis of China's health care system: turning a new page," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages 3-6, July.
- Zhou, Xu Dong & Li, Lu & Hesketh, Therese, 2014. "Health system reform in rural China: Voices of healthworkers and service-users," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 134-141.
- Cheung, Diana & Padieu, Ysaline, 2015. "Heterogeneity of the Effects of Health Insurance on Household Savings: Evidence from Rural China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 84-103.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Ebenstein, Avraham & Sharygin, Ethan Jennings, 2010. "China's marriage market and upcoming challenges for elderly men," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5351, The World Bank.
- Chen, Yuyu & Jin, Ginger Zhe, 2012.
"Does health insurance coverage lead to better health and educational outcomes? Evidence from rural China,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-14.
- Yuyu Chen & Ginger Zhe Jin, 2010. "Does Health Insurance Coverage Lead to Better Health and Educational Outcomes? Evidence from Rural China," NBER Working Papers 16417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aurore Pelissier & Martine Audibert & Jacky Mathonnat & Xiao Xian Huang & Ningshan Chen & Anning Ma, 2012. "Curative Activities of Township Hospitals in Weifang Prefecture, China: An Analysis of Environmental and Supply-Side Determinants," Post-Print halshs-00640742, HAL.
- Chu, Xueling & Chen, Qihui & Fang, Xiangming, 2013. "Can National Health Insurance Programs Improve Health Outcomes?—Re-Examining the Case of the New Cooperative Medical Scheme in Rural China," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150488, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ligane Séne & Momath Cissé, 2015. "Catastrophic out-of-pocket payments for health and poverty nexus: evidence from Senegal," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 307-328, September.
- Yeatts, Dale E. & Pei, Xiaomei & Cready, Cynthia M. & Shen, Yuying & Luo, Hao & Tan, Junxin, 2013. "Village characteristics and health of rural Chinese older adults: Examining the CHARLS Pilot Study of a rich and poor province," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 71-78.
- Xiangping Jia & Franz Heidhues & Manfred Zeller, 2010. "Credit rationing of rural households in China," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(1), pages 37-54, May.
- Jens Hougaard & Lars Østerdal & Yi Yu, 2011. "The Chinese healthcare system," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 1-13, January.
More about this item
Keywordshealth insurance ; catastrophic illness ; rural China ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:18:y:2009:i:s2:p:s119-s127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.