Causes and Consequences of Grade Repetition: Evidence from Brazil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gomes-Neto, Joao Batista & Hanushek, Eric A. & Leite, Raimundo Helio & Frota-Bezzera, Roberto Claudio, 1997.
"Health and schooling: Evidence and policy implications for developing countries,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 271-282, June.
- Batista Gomes, J. & Hanushek, E.A. & Helio Leite, R., 1992. "Health and Schooling: Evidence and Policy Implications for Developping Countries," RCER Working Papers 306, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Corman, H., 2003. "The effects of state policies, individual characteristics, family characteristics, and neighbourhood characteristics on grade repetition in the United States," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 409-420, August.
- Cabrera Hernández, Francisco-Javier, 2016. "Essays on the impact evaluation of education policies in Mexico," Economics PhD Theses 0316, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- EricÂ A. Hanushek & Victor Lavy & Kohtaro Hitomi, 2008.
"Do Students Care about School Quality? Determinants of Dropout Behavior in Developing Countries,"
Journal of Human Capital,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(1), pages 69-105.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Victor Lavy & Kohtaro Hitomi, 2006. "Do Students Care about School Quality? Determinants of Dropout Behavior in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 12737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lam, David & Ardington, Cally & Leibbrandt, Murray, 2011.
"Schooling as a lottery: Racial differences in school advancement in urban South Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 121-136, July.
- David Lam & Cally Ardington & Murray Leibbrandt, 2007. "Schooling as a Lottery: Racial Differences in School Advancement in Urban South Africa," Working Papers 56, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- David Lam & Cally Ardington & Murray Leibbrandt, 2007. "Schooling as a Lottery: Racial Differences in School Advancement in Urban South Africa," SALDRU Working Papers 18, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- AL-Qudsi, Sulayman S., 2003. "Family background, school enrollments and wastage: evidence from Arab countries," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 567-580, December.
- Elizabeth M. King & Peter F. Orazem & Elizabeth M. Paterno, 2016.
"Promotion with and without Learning: Effects on Student Enrollment and Dropout Behavior,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 30(3), pages 580-602.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Orazem, Peter F. & Paterno, Elizabeth M., 2008. "Promotion with and without learning : effects on student enrollment and dropout behavior," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4722, The World Bank.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Orazem, Peter & Paterno, Elizabeth M., 2008. "Promotion with and Without Learning: Effects on Student Enrollment and Dropout Behavior," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12968, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Marco Manacorda, 2012.
"The Cost of Grade Retention,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(2), pages 596-606, May.
- Marco Manacorda, 2008. "The Cost of Grade Retention," CEP Discussion Papers dp0878, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Manacorda, Marco, 2010. "The Cost of Grade Retention," CEPR Discussion Papers 7889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Manacorda, Marco, 2008. "The cost of grade retention," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19563, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Eide, Eric R. & Showalter, Mark H., 2001. "The effect of grade retention on educational and labor market outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 563-576, December.
- Horowitz, Andrew W. & Souza, André Portela, 2011. "The impact of parental income on the intra-household distribution of school attainment: A measurement strategy and evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Tia Linda Zuze, 2010. "Human Resource Inputs and Educational Outcomes in Botswana’s Schools: Evidence from SACMEQ and TIMMS," Working Papers 16/2010, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Emanuela di Gropello, 2006. "Meeting the Challenges of Secondary Education in Latin America and East Asia : Improving Efficiency and Resource Mobilization," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7173.
- Handa, Sudhanshu & Simler, Kenneth R. & Harrower, Sarah, 2004. "Human capital, household welfare, and children's schooling in Mozambique:," Research reports 134, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Handa, Sudhanshu, 1999. "Raising primary school enrollment in developing countries," FCND discussion papers 76, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Suzanne Duryea, 1998.
"Children's Advancement Through School in Brazil: The Role of Transitory Shocks to Household Income,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
1139, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Suzanne Duryea, 1998. "Children's Advancement Through School in Brazil: The Role of Transitory Shocks to Household Income," Research Department Publications 4124, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Franco, Creso & Ribeiro, Luiz Cesar Queiroz & Alves Kalil, Fátima, 2008. "Urban segregation and school backwardness in Rio de Janeiro," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Luis Benveniste & Jeffery Marshall & Lucrecia Santibañez, 2007. "Teaching in Lao PDR," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7710, The World Bank.
- Firpo, Sergio Pinheiro & Carvalho, Sandro, 2013. "O regime de ciclos de aprendizagem e a heterogeneidade de seus efeitos sobre a proficiência dos alunos," Textos para discussão 331, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Sedlacek, Guilherme & Costa, Daniela Ribeiro da & Carvalho, Alexandre & Gustafsson-Wright, Emily & Neri, Marcelo Côrtes, 2000. "Microeconomic instability and children's human capital accumulation: the effects of idiosyncratic shocks to father's income on child labor, school drop-outs and repetition rates in Brazil," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 394, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Behrman, Jere R. & Ross, David & Sabot, Richard, 2008. "Improving quality versus increasing the quantity of schooling: Estimates of rates of return from rural Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 94-104, February.
- Taniguchi, Kyoko, 2015. "Determinants of grade repetition in primary school in sub-Saharan Africa: An event history analysis for rural Malawi," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 98-111.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:v:43:y:1994:i:1:p:117-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .