The Wal-Mart Effect: Wave of Destruction or Creative Destruction?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Minjee Kim & Tingyu Zhou, 2021. "Does Restricting the Entry of Formula Businesses Help Mom-and-Pop Stores? The Case of Small American Towns With Unique Community Character," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 35(2), pages 157-173, May.
- Vandegrift, Donald & Loyer, John & Kababik, David, 2011. "The effect of Walmart on the tax base: evidence from New Jersey," MPRA Paper 30937, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rudholm, Niklas & Li, Yuijao & Kenneth, Carling, 2018. "How Does Big-Box Entry Affect Labor Productivity in Durable Goods Retailing? A Synthetic Control Approach," HUI Working Papers 130, HUI Research.
- Klaesson, Johan & Nilsson, Helena, 2020. "Entry of malls and exit of stores - The role of distance and economic geography," HFI Working Papers 12, Institute of Retail Economics (Handelns Forskningsinstitut).
- Park Ryeong Ji & Chung Chang Kwon, 2018. "Policy Resistance Case Study Focused on Government’s Intervention in the Conflict Between Big-Box Stores and Traditional Market in Korea Based on Systems Thinking Approach," Journal of Systems Science and Information, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 152-164, April.
- David Merriman & Joseph Persky & Julie Davis & Ron Baiman, 2012. "The Impact of an Urban WalMart Store on Area Businesses," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 26(4), pages 321-333, November.
- Brian Adams & Joshua Gans & Richard Hayes & Ryan Lampe, 2018.
"Does Organisational Form Drive Competition? Evidence from Coffee Retailing,"
The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 94(305), pages 155-167, June.
- Brian Adams & Joshua Gans & Richard Hayes & Ryan Lampe, 2016. "Does Organizational Form Drive Competition? Evidence from Coffee Retailing," NBER Working Papers 22548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Oana Mihaescu & Helena Nilsson & Niklas Rudholm, 2017.
"What happens when IKEA comes to town?,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 313-323, February.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Mihaescu, Oana & Nilsson, Helena & Rudholm, Niklas, 2014. "What Happens When IKEA Comes to Town?," HUI Working Papers 100, HUI Research.
- Janghee Cho & Hyunbae Chun & Yoonsoo Lee, 2023. "Productivity dynamics in the retail trade sector: the roles of large modern retailers and small entrants," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 60(1), pages 291-313, January.
- Janghee Cho & Hyunbae Chun & Yoonsoo Lee, 2022. "Productivity Dynamics in the Retail Trade Sector: The Roles of Large Modern Retailers and Small Entrants," Working Papers 2202, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Håkansson, Johan & Li, Yujiao & Mihaescu, Oana & Rudholm, Niklas, 2016. "Big-box retail entry in urban and rural areas: Are there productivity spillovers to incumbent retailers?," HUI Working Papers 118, HUI Research.
- Zhang, Chuanchuan, 2011. "大型外资零售商的进入对中国地区劳动力市场的影响 [Impact of Entry of Large Foreign Retailers on Local Labor Markets in China]," MPRA Paper 43912, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2012.
- Chung, Hwan & Ahn, Dae-Yong & Ahn, Seungho, 2022. "Spillover effects of a mega shopping complex on pre-existing, small retail shops over space, over time and across retail types," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- Kim, Sohee & Woo, Ayoung, 2022. "Streetscape and business survival: Examining the impact of walkable environments on the survival of restaurant businesses in commercial areas based on street view images," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 105(C).
- Alessandro Bonanno & Stephan J. Goetz, 2012. "WalMart and Local Economic Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 26(4), pages 285-297, November.
- Donald Vandegrift, 2016. "The effect of Walmart and Target on property tax rates," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 309-327, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:recgxx:v:85:y:2009:i:2:p:209-236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/recg .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/recg .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.