Random Growth in Africa? Lessons from an Evaluation of the Growth Evidence on Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania and Zambia, 1965-1995
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jain, Sanjay & Mansuri, Ghazala, 2003. "A little at a time: the use of regularly scheduled repayments in microfinance programs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 253-279, October.
- David Mushinski, 1999. "An analysis of offer functions of banks and credit unions in Guatemala," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 88-112.
- Christopher Udry & Timothy G. Conley, 2004. "Social Networks in Ghana," Working Papers 888, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Aryeetey, Ernest & Udry, Christopher, 1997. "The Characteristics of Informal Financial Markets in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(1), pages 161-203, March.
- Claudia Olivetti & Stefania Albanesi, 2005.
"Home Production, Market Production and the Gender Wage Gap: Incentives and Expectations,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2005-013, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Albanesi, Stefania & Olivetti, Claudia, 2005. "Home Production, Market Production and the Gender Wage Gap: Incentives and Expectations," CEPR Discussion Papers 4984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefania Albanesi & Claudia Olivetti, 2006. "Home Production, Market Production and the Gender Wage Gap: Incentives and Expectations," NBER Working Papers 12212, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephania Albanesi & Claudia Olivetti, 2005. "Home Production, Market Production and the Gender Wage Gap: Incentives and Expectations," Boston University - Department of Economics - Macroeconomics Working Papers Series WP2005-004, Boston University - Department of Economics, revised Aug 2007.
- Martin Browning & Valérie Lechene, 2001.
"Caring and Sharing: Tests Between Alternative Models of Intra-household Allocation,"
01-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Valerie Lechene & Martin Browning, 2001. "Caring and Sharing: Tests Between Alternative Models of Intra-Household Allocation," Economics Series Working Papers 70, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Tsai, Kellee S., 2004. "Imperfect Substitutes: The Local Political Economy of Informal Finance and Microfinance in Rural China and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1487-1507, September.
- Jin-Long Liu & Ching-Chun Hsu, 2004. "Economies of scale, gender discrimination, and cost of children," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 377-382.
- Steve Boucher & Catherine Guirkinger, 2007.
"Risk, Wealth, and Sectoral Choice in Rural Credit Markets,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(4), pages 991-1004.
- Guirkinger, Catherine & Boucher, Stephen R., 2004. "Risk, Wealth And Sectoral Choice In Rural Credit Markets," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20077, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kochar, Anjini, 1997. "An empirical investigation of rationing constraints in rural credit markets in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 339-371, August.
- Baydas, Mayada M. & Bahloul, Zakaria & Adams, Dale W., 1995. "Informal finance in Egypt: "Banks" within banks," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 651-661, April.
- Udry, Christopher, 1990. "Credit Markets in Northern Nigeria: Credit as Insurance in a Rural Economy," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 251-269, September.
- Gosling, Amanda & Karagiannaki, Eleni, 2004. "Intra-Household Allocation and the Living Standards of the Elderly in Greece," CEPR Discussion Papers 4776, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sonia Bhalotra, 2004. "Early Childhood Investments in Human Capital: Parental Resources and Preferences," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 04/562, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bell, Clive & Srinivasan, T N & Udry, Christopher, 1997. "Rationing, Spillover, and Interlinking in Credit Markets: The Case of Rural Punjab," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 557-585, October.
- Suen, Wing & Chan, William & Zhang, Junsen, 2003. "Marital transfer and intra-household allocation: a Nash-bargaining analysis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 133-146, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lange, Simon & Klasen, Stephan, 2017.
"How the New International Goal for Child Mortality is Unfair to Sub-Saharan Africa (Again),"
Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 128-146.
- Simon Lange & Stephan Klasen, 2016. "How the New International Goal for Child Mortality is Unfair to Sub-Saharan Africa (Again)," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 214, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Gregor Semieniuk, 2016. "Fossil energy in economic growth: A study of the energy direction of technical change, 1950-2012," SPRU Working Paper Series 2016-11, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2013.
"Poor Numbers: explanation of Africa's statistical tragedy
[Pauvreté de chiffres : explication de la tragédie statistique africaine]," MPRA Paper 43734, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jerven, Morten, 2014. "African growth miracle or statistical tragedy? Interpreting trends in the data over the past two decades," WIDER Working Paper Series 114, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Frankema, Ewout & Waijenburg, Marlous Van, 2012.
"Structural Impediments to African Growth? New Evidence from Real Wages in British Africa, 1880–1965,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(04), pages 895-926, December.
- Ewout Frankema & Marlous van Waijenburg, 2011. "Structural Impediments to African Growth? New Evidence from Real Wages in British Africa, 1880-1965," Working Papers 0024, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:133-152 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oasis Kodila-Tedika, 2014.
"Africa's statistical tragedy: best statistics, best government effectiveness,"
International Journal of Development Issues,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(2), pages 171-178, July.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2012. "Africa's statistical tragedy: best statistics, best government effectiveness," MPRA Paper 40674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bwire, Thomas & Lloyd, Tim & Morrissey, Oliver, 2013. "A Timeseries Analysis of the Impact of Foreign Aid on Central Government's Fiscal Budget in Uganda," WIDER Working Paper Series 101, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:46:y:2010:i:2:p:274-294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .