Exchange Options Under Jump-Diffusion Dynamics
This article extends the exchange option model of Margrabe, where the distributions of both stock prices are log-normal with correlated Wiener components, to allow the underlying assets to be driven by jump-diffusion processes of the type originally introduced by Merton. We introduce the Radon-Nikodym derivative process that induces the change of measure from the market measure to an equivalent martingale measure. The choice of parameters in the Radon-Nikodym derivative allows us to price the option under different financial-economic scenarios. We also consider American style exchange options and provide a probabilistic interpretation of the early exercise premium.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 18 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Michael Harrison & Stanley R. Pliska, 1981. "Martingales and Stochastic Integrals in the Theory of Continous Trading," Discussion Papers 454, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- David B. Colwell & Robert J. Elliott, 1993. "Discontinuous Asset Prices And Non-Attainable Contingent Claims," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 295-308.
- Mark Broadie & Jérôme Detemple, 1997. "The Valuation of American Options on Multiple Assets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 241-286.
- Chandrasekhar Reddy Gukhal, 2001. "Analytical Valuation of American Options on Jump-Diffusion Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 97-115.
- S. D. Jacka, 1991. "Optimal Stopping and the American Put," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14.