Exchange Options Under Jump-Diffusion Dynamics
This article extends the exchange option model of Margrabe, where the distributions of both stock prices are log-normal with correlated Wiener components, to allow the underlying assets to be driven by jump-diffusion processes of the type originally introduced by Merton. We introduce the Radon-Nikodym derivative process that induces the change of measure from the market measure to an equivalent martingale measure. The choice of parameters in the Radon-Nikodym derivative allows us to price the option under different financial-economic scenarios. We also consider American style exchange options and provide a probabilistic interpretation of the early exercise premium.
Volume (Year): 18 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20 |
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark Broadie & Jér�me Detemple, 1997. "The Valuation of American Options on Multiple Assets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 241-286.
- David B. Colwell & Robert J. Elliott, 1993. "Discontinuous Asset Prices And Non-Attainable Contingent Claims," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 295-308.
- J. Michael Harrison & Stanley R. Pliska, 1981. "Martingales and Stochastic Integrals in the Theory of Continous Trading," Discussion Papers 454, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Chandrasekhar Reddy Gukhal, 2001. "Analytical Valuation of American Options on Jump-Diffusion Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 97-115.
- S. D. Jacka, 1991. "Optimal Stopping and the American Put," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:18:y:2011:i:3:p:245-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.