Journal Impact Factors for evaluating scientific performance: use of h-like indicators
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lutz Bornmann & Gerlind Wallon & Anna Ledin, 2008. "Is the h index related to (standard) bibliometric measures and to the assessments by peers? An investigation of the h index by using molecular life sciences data," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 149-156, June.
- Jean-Francois Molinari & Alain Molinari, 2008. "A new methodology for ranking scientific institutions," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 75(1), pages 163-174, April.
- Burrell, Quentin L., 2007. "On the h-index, the size of the Hirsch core and Jin's A-index," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 170-177.
- Mariana Pires Luz & Carla Marques-Portella & Mauro Mendlowicz & Sonia Gleiser & Evandro Silva Freire Coutinho & Ivan Figueira, 2008. "Institutional h-index: The performance of a new metric in the evaluation of Brazilian Psychiatric Post-graduation Programs," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 77(2), pages 361-368, November.
- András Schubert, 2009. "Using the h-index for assessing single publications," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 78(3), pages 559-565, March.
- Vanclay, Jerome K., 2008. "Ranking forestry journals using the h-index," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 326-334.
- Costas, Rodrigo & Bordons, María, 2007. "The h-index: Advantages, limitations and its relation with other bibliometric indicators at the micro level," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 193-203.
- Rodrigo Costas & María Bordons, 2008. "Is g-index better than h-index? An exploratory study at the individual level," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 77(2), pages 267-288, November.
- Egghe, L., 2008. "The influence of merging on h-type indices," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 252-262.
- Tibor Braun & Wolfgang Glänzel & András Schubert, 2006. "A Hirsch-type index for journals," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 69(1), pages 169-173, October.
- Schubert, András & Glänzel, Wolfgang, 2007. "A systematic analysis of Hirsch-type indices for journals," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 179-184.
- András Schubert & András Korn & András Telcs, 2009. "Hirsch-type indices for characterizing networks," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 78(2), pages 375-382, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D. Gnana Bharathi, 2011. "Methodology for the evaluation of scientific journals: Aggregated Citations of Cited Articles," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 86(3), pages 563-574, March.
- Eduardo Araujo Oliveira & Roberto Peicots-Filho & Daniella Reis Martelli & Isabel Gomes Quirino & Maria Christina Lopes Oliveira & Mariana Guerra Duarte & Sergio Veloso Pinheiro & Enrico Antonio Colos, 2013. "Is there a correlation between journal impact factor and researchers’ performance? A study comprising the fields of clinical nephrology and neurosciences," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 97(2), pages 149-160, November.
- William Cabos & Juan Miguel Campanario, 2018. "Exploring the Hjif-Index, an Analogue to the H-Like Index for Journal Impact Factors," Publications, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-1, April.
- Claus-Christian Carbon, 2011. "The Carbon_h-Factor: Predicting Individuals' Research Impact at Early Stages of Their Career," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 6(12), pages 1-7, December.
- Eduardo A. Oliveira & Enrico A. Colosimo & Daniella R. Martelli & Isabel G. Quirino & Maria Christina L. Oliveira & Leonardo S. Lima & Ana Cristina Simões e Silva & Hercílio Martelli-Júnior, 2012. "Comparison of Brazilian researchers in clinical medicine: are criteria for ranking well-adjusted?," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 90(2), pages 429-443, February.
More about this item
KeywordsJournal Impact Factor; IF2-index; Research evaluation; Australia; Cancer research; h-Index; h-Type indexes; h-Like indexes; Scientometrics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:scient:v:82:y:2010:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-010-0175-y. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.