Do They Come Back Again? Job Search, Labour Market Segmentation and State Dependence as Explanations of Repeat Unemployment
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1999.
"Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing, and inference,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 345-368, December.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 1997. "Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing and inference," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 365, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Randall Morck & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1990. "The Stock Market and Investment: Is the Market a Sideshow?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(2), pages 157-216.
- Fischer, Stanley & Merton, Robert C., 1984.
"Macroeconomics and finance: The role of the stock market,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 57-108, January.
- Stanley Fischer & Robert C. Merton, 1984. "Macroeconomics and Finance: The Role of the Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 1291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1981. "Stock Returns, Real Activity, Inflation, and Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 545-565, September.
- Mohsin S. Khan & Abdelhak S Senhadji, 2000. "Financial Development and Economic Growth; An Overview," IMF Working Papers 00/209, International Monetary Fund.
- Geske, Robert & Roll, Richard, 1983. " The Fiscal and Monetary Linkage between Stock Returns and Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Bradley, Michael D & Jansen, Dennis W, 1997. "Nonlinear Business Cycle Dynamics: Cross-country Evidence on the Persistence of Aggregate Shocks," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 495-509, July.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth Kuttner, 1993.
"Why Does the Paper-Bill Spread Predict Real Economic Activity?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Business Cycles, Indicators and Forecasting, pages 213-254
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1991. "Why does the paper-bill spread predict real economic activity?," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1991. "Why Does the Paper-Bill Spread Predict Real Economic Activity?," NBER Working Papers 3879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prakash Loungani & Mark Rush & William Tave, 1991. "Stock market dispersion and business cycles," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jan, pages 2-8.
- Kashyap, Anil K & Stein, Jeremy C & Wilcox, David W, 1993.
"Monetary Policy and Credit Conditions: Evidence from the Composition of External Finance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 78-98, March.
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein & David W. Wilcox, 1991. "Monetary policy and credit conditions: evidence from the composition of external finance," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 154, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein & David W. Wilcox, 1992. "Monetary Policy and Credit Conditions: Evidence From the Composition of External Finance," NBER Working Papers 4015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwert, G William, 1990.
" Stock Returns and Real Activity: A Century of Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1237-1257, September.
- G. William Schwert, 1990. "Stock Returns and Real Activity: A Century of Evidence," NBER Working Papers 3296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mauro, Paolo, 2003.
"Stock returns and output growth in emerging and advanced economies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 129-153, June.
- Paolo Mauro, 2000. "Stock Returns and Output Growth in Emerging and Advanced Economies," IMF Working Papers 00/89, International Monetary Fund.
- Mullins, Mark & Wadhwani, Sushil B., 1989.
"The effect of the stock market on investment: a comparative study,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 939-956, May.
- Mullins, M. & Wadhwani, S., 1988. "The Effect Of The Stock Market On Investment: A Comparative Study," Papers 329, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1990. " Stock Returns, Expected Returns, and Real Activity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1089-1108, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Zuliu Hu, 1993. "The Yield Curve and Real Activity," IMF Working Papers 93/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Zuliu Hu, 1993. "The Yield Curve and Real Activity," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(4), pages 781-806, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José Arranz & Carlos García-Serrano, 2014. "Duration and Recurrence of Unemployment Benefits," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 271-295, September.
- Zweimuller, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 1996.
"Manpower Training Programmes and Employment Stability,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(249), pages 113-130, February.
- Zweimuller, Josef & Winter- Ebmer, Rudolf, 1992. "Manpower Training Programs and Employment Stability," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt87z0674q, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Niedergesäss, Markus, 2012. "Duration dependence, lagged duration dependence, and occurrence dependence in individual employment histories," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 26, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Santos, Miguel, 2010. "School to Work Transition, Employment Attainment and VET. Theories Guide for Policy Makers," MPRA Paper 24056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amynah Gangji & Robert Plasman, 2008.
"Microeconomic analysis of unemployment persistence in Belgium,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 280-298, June.
- Amynah Vanessa Gangji & Robert Plasman, 2007. "Microeconomic analysis of unemployment persistence in Belgium," DULBEA Working Papers 07-20.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2003. "Benefit duration and unemployment entry: A quasi-experiment in Austria," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 259-273, April.
- Feldstein, Martin & Altman, Dan, 2007. "Unemployment Insurance Savings Accounts," Scholarly Articles 2960185, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Miguel Baião Santos, 2010. "Inserção no Mercado de Trabalho e Formação Profissional - Guia Teórico para Decisores," Working Papers wp052010, Socius, Socio-Economics Research Centre at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG) of the Technical University of Lisbon.
- Mouhamadou Niang, 2014. "Gender gaps in recurrence and concentration of unemployment: Evidence from youth leaving France’s education system," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-25, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:17:y:1992:i:2:p:273-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .