A note on CEO compensation, elimination tournaments and bankruptcy risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Groot, Hans, 1988. "Decentralization decisions in bureaucracies as a principal-agent problem," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 323-337, August.
- Tirole, Jean, 1994. "The Internal Organization of Government," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Aghion, Philippe & Tirole, Jean, 1997. "Formal and Real Authority in Organizations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Eckhard Janeba & Horst Raff, 1997. "Should the Power to Redistribute Income be (De-)Centralized? An Example," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 4(4), pages 453-461, November.
- Silva, Emilson C. D. & Caplan, Arthur J., 1997. "Transboundary Pollution Control in Federal Systems," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 173-186, October.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1994. "Does centralization increase the size of government?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 765-773, April.
- Gilbert, Guy & Picard, Pierre, 1996. "Incentives and optimal size of local jurisdictions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 19-41, January.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kräkel, Matthias & Nieken, Petra, 2015.
"Relative performance pay in the shadow of crisis,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 244-268.
- Kräkel, Matthias & Nieken, Petra, 2013. "Relative Performance Pay in the Shadow of Crisis," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 425, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Berardi, Nicoletta & Seabright, Paul, 2011.
"Professional Network and Career Coevolution,"
TSE Working Papers
11-258, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Berardi, Nicoletta & Seabright, Paul, 2011. "Professional Network and Career Coevolution," IDEI Working Papers 688, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Berardi, Nicoletta & Seabright, Paul, 2011. "Professional Network and Career Coevolution," CEPR Discussion Papers 8632, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:pit:wpaper:373 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Mathews & Soiliou Namoro, 2008. "Participation incentives in rank order tournaments with endogenous entry," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 95(1), pages 1-23, October.
More about this item
KeywordsTournaments; agency; incentives; compensation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ecogov:v:6:y:2005:i:2:p:105-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .