Arbitrage in stationary markets
We analyse questions of arbitrage in financial markets in which asset prices change in time as stationary stochastic processes. The main focus of the paper is on a model where the price vectors are independent and identically distributed. In the framework of this model, we find conditions that are necessary and su¢ cient for the absence of arbitrage opportunities. We discuss the relations between the results obtained and the phenomenon of "volatility-induced growth"in stationary markets.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 32 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10203/index.htm |
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Y.M. Kabanov & D.O. Kramkov, 1998. "Asymptotic arbitrage in large financial markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 143-172.
- Igor V. Evstigneev & Michal A. H. Dempster & Klaus R. Schenk-Hoppé, 2003. "Exponential growth of fixed-mix strategies in stationary asset markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 263-276.
- Michael A. H. Dempster & Igor V. Evstigneev & Klaus R. Schenk-hoppe, 2007.
"Volatility-induced financial growth,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 151-160.
- Cantor, David G & Lippman, Steven A, 1995. "Optimal Investment Selection with a Multitude of Projects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1231-40, September.
- J. Jacod & A.N. Shiryaev, 1998. "Local martingales and the fundamental asset pricing theorems in the discrete-time case," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 259-273.
- Fernholz, Robert & Shay, Brian, 1982. " Stochastic Portfolio Theory and Stock Market Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 615-24, May.
- Igor V. Evstigneev & Klaus Rainer Schenk-Hoppé, . "From Rags to Riches: On Constant Proportions Investment Strategies," IEW - Working Papers 089, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ilan Adler & David Gale, 1997. "Arbitrage and Growth Rate for Riskless Investments in a Stationary Economy," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 73-81.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:decfin:v:32:y:2009:i:1:p:5-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.