Arbitrage in Stationary Markets
We analyse questions of arbitrage in financial markets in which asset prices change in time as stationary stochastic processes. The main focus of the paper is on a model where the price vectors are independent and identically distributed. In the framework of this model, we find conditions that are necessary and su¢ cient for the absence of arbitrage opportunities. We discuss the relations between the results obtained and the phenomenon of "volatility-induced growth"in stationary markets.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ilan Adler & David Gale, 1997. "Arbitrage and Growth Rate for Riskless Investments in a Stationary Economy," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 73-81.
- Y.M. Kabanov & D.O. Kramkov, 1998. "Asymptotic arbitrage in large financial markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 143-172.
- Cantor, David G & Lippman, Steven A, 1995. "Optimal Investment Selection with a Multitude of Projects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1231-1240, September.
- J. Jacod & A.N. Shiryaev, 1998. "Local martingales and the fundamental asset pricing theorems in the discrete-time case," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 259-273.
- Dempster, M. A. H. & Germano, M. & Medova, E. A. & Villaverde, M., 2003. "Global Asset Liability Management," British Actuarial Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 137-195, April.
- Michael A. H. Dempster & Igor V. Evstigneev & Klaus R. Schenk-hoppe, 2007.
"Volatility-induced financial growth,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 151-160.
- Michael A.H. Dempster & Igor V. Evstigneev & Klaus R. Schenk-Hoppé, 2006. "Volatility-Induced Financial Growth," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0626, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Igor V. Evstigneev & Klaus Rainer Schenk-Hoppï¿½, "undated". "From Rags to Riches: On Constant Proportions Investment Strategies," IEW - Working Papers 089, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Igor V. Evstigneev & Michal A. H. Dempster & Klaus R. Schenk-Hoppé, 2003. "Exponential growth of fixed-mix strategies in stationary asset markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 263-276.
- Fernholz, Robert & Shay, Brian, 1982. " Stochastic Portfolio Theory and Stock Market Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 615-624, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chf:rpseri:rp0732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marilyn Barja)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.