From the editor
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Barratt Brown, 1997. "In & against the market," Review of African Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 269-276.
- Hatanaka, Maki, 2010. "Certification, Partnership, and Morality in an Organic Shrimp Network: Rethinking Transnational Alternative Agrifood Networks," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 706-716, May.
- Valkila, Joni, 2009. "Fair Trade organic coffee production in Nicaragua -- Sustainable development or a poverty trap?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 3018-3025, October.
- Francisco VanderHoff Boersma, 2009. "The Urgency and Necessity of a Different Type of Market: The Perspective of Producers Organized Within the Fair Trade Market," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 51-61.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Ponte, Stefano, 2005. "Standards as a new form of social contract? Sustainability initiatives in the coffee industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 284-301, June.
- J. McMurtry, 2009. "Ethical Value-Added: Fair Trade and the Case of Café Femenino," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 27-49.
- Lau Kin Chi, 2002. "Pedagogical Working on Place: Women's economic activism in rural China," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 45(1), pages 84-87, March.
- Aimee Shreck, 2005. "Resistance, redistribution, and power in the Fair Trade banana initiative," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), pages 17-29.
- Jeremy Weber, 2007. "Fair Trade Coffee Enthusiasts Should Confront Reality," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, pages 109-117.
- Oelofse, Myles & Høgh-Jensen, Henning & Abreu, Lucimar S. & Almeida, Gustavo F. & Hui, Qiao Yu & Sultan, Tursinbek & de Neergaard, Andreas, 2010. "Certified organic agriculture in China and Brazil: Market accessibility and outcomes following adoption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1785-1793, July.
- Tad Mutersbaugh, 2005. "Fighting standards with standards: harmonization, rents, and social accountability in certified agrofood networks," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(11), pages 2033-2051, November.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Costantino, Marco, 2008. "The Effects of Fair Trade on Affiliated Producers: An Impact Analysis on Kenyan Farmers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 823-842, May.
- Loraine Ronchi, 2002. "The Impact of Fair Trade on Producers and Their Organisations: A Case Study with Coocafé in Costa Rica," PRUS Working Papers 11, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Michael E. Conroy, 2001. "Can Advocacy-Led Certification Systems Transform Global Corporate Practices? Evidence, and Some Theory," Working Papers wp21, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Alberto Arce, 2009. "Living in times of solidarity: Fair trade and the fractured life worlds of Guatemalan coffee farmers," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., pages 1031-1041.
- Neilson, Jeff, 2008. "Global Private Regulation and Value-Chain Restructuring in Indonesian Smallholder Coffee Systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1607-1622, September.
- Bradley D. Parrish & Valerie A. Luzadis & William R. Bentley, 2005. "What Tanzania's coffee farmers can teach the world: a performance-based look at the fair trade-free trade debate," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 177-189.
- Raynolds, Laura T., 2009. "Mainstreaming Fair Trade Coffee: From Partnership to Traceability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1083-1093, June.
- Anna Torgerson, 2010. "Fair trade banana production in the Windward Islands: local survival and global resistance," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), pages 475-487.
- Laura T. Raynolds & Douglas Murray & Peter Leigh Taylor, 2004. "Fair trade coffee: building producer capacity via global networks," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., pages 1109-1121.
- Sarah Lyon, 2007. "Fair Trade Coffee and Human Rights in Guatemala," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 241-261, September.
- Karla Utting, 2009. "Assessing the Impact of Fair Trade Coffee: Towards an Integrative Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 127-149.
- Bob Doherty & Sophi Tranchell, 2005. "New thinking in international trade? A case study of The Day Chocolate Company," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 166-176.
- Arnould, Eric & Plastina, Alejandro & Ball, Dwayne, 2009. "Does Fair Trade Deliver on Its Core Value Proposition? Effects on Income, Educational Attainment, and Health in Three Countries," Staff General Research Papers Archive 39169, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Riisgaard, Lone, 2009. "Global Value Chains, Labor Organization and Private Social Standards: Lessons from East African Cut Flower Industries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 326-340, February.
- Peter Leigh Taylor & Douglas L. Murray & Laura T. Raynolds, 2005. "Keeping trade fair: governance challenges in the fair trade coffee initiative," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 199-208.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:agrhuv:v:24:y:2007:i:4:p:423-424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.