Best practices for small farmers in Cuba and Costa Rica in the Global Era (1990-2008)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hazell, P.B.R. & Poulton, Colin & Wiggins, Steve & Dorward, Andrew, 2007. "The future of small farms for poverty reduction and growth:," 2020 vision discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Miguel Arango & Mauricio Cárdenas & Beatríz Marulanda & Mariana Paredes, 2005. "Reflexiones sobre el aporte social y econÃ³mico del sector cooperativo colombiano," Cuadernos de Fedesarrollo 012714, Fedesarrollo.
- Mesa-Lago, Carmelo, 2005. "Social and economic problems in Cuba during the crisis and subsequent recovery," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Suttie, D. & Vargas-Lundius, R., 2016. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 2 - Migration and transformative pathways: a rural perspective," IFAD Research Series 280036, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Barbara Harriss-White, 2012. "Capitalism and the Common Man: Peasants and Petty Production in Africa and South Asia," Agrarian South: Journal of Political Economy, Centre for Agrarian Research and Education for South, vol. 1(2), pages 109-160, August.
- Zegar, Józef S., 2012. "Gospodarstwa Rodzinne Wobec Wyzwań Wyżywienia I Ochrony Środowiska – Ujęcie Globalne," Village and Agriculture (Wieś i Rolnictwo), Polish Academy of Sciences (IRWiR PAN), Institute of Rural and Agricultural Development, vol. 4(157).
- Jamie Anderson & Wajiha Ahmed, . "Early Insights from Financial Diaries of Smallholder Households," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 23498, March.
- Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Hanf, Jon Henrich & Pieniadz, Agata, 2009. "20 years of transition in the agri-food sector," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 58(07), pages 1-9, October.
- Dutilly, Céline & Alary, Véronique & Bonnet, Pascal & Lesnoff, Matthieu & Fandamu, Paul & de Haan, Cees, 2020. "Multi-scale assessment of the livestock sector for policy design in Zambia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 401-418.
- Huy, Hoang Trieu & Nguyen, Trung Thanh, 2019. "Cropland rental market and farm technical efficiency in rural Vietnam," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 408-423.
- Julien, Jacques C. & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Rada, Nicholas E., 2019. "Assessing farm performance by size in Malawi, Tanzania, and Uganda," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 153-164.
- Amrita Chhachhi & Barbara Harriss-White, 2014. "Labour and Petty Production," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 45(5), pages 981-1000, September.
- Jabbar, Mohammad A., 2008. "Feed and fodder markets in South Asia and East Africa :A synthesis of four PRA case studies:," Research Reports 181847, International Livestock Research Institute.
- Laura J. Enríquez, 2010. "The Cuban alternative to neoliberalism: Linkages between local production and tourism after 1990," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 92-112, July.
- Mellor, John W. & Malik, Sohail J., 2017. "The Impact of Growth in Small Commercial Farm Productivity on Rural Poverty Reduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 1-10.
- Sauer, J. & Davidova, S. & Latruffe, L., 2010.
"Leaving Land Fallow – The Case of Subsistence Farming in the Western Balkans,"
Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 45, March.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Latruffe, Laure, 2009. "Leaving land fallow: The case of subsistence farming in the Western Balkans," 49th Annual Conference, Kiel, Germany, September 30-October 2, 2009 53278, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Béné, Christophe & Obirih-Opareh, Nelson, 2009. "Social and economic impacts of agricultural productivity intensification: The case of brush park fisheries in Lake Volta," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 102(1-3), pages 1-10, October.
- Soleri, Daniela & Cleveland, David A. & Glasgow, Garrett & Sweeney, Stuart H. & Cuevas, Flavio Aragón & Fuentes, Mario R. & Ríos L., Humberto, 2008. "Testing assumptions underlying economic research on transgenic food crops for Third World farmers: Evidence from Cuba, Guatemala and Mexico," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 667-682, November.
- Carmelo Mesa-Lago, 2009. "Economic and Social Balance of 50 Years of Cuban Revolution," Annual Proceedings, The Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy, vol. 19.
- Badria Hamed Al Ruqishi & Tarig Gibreel & Faical Akaichi & Lokman Zaibet & Slim Zekri, 2020. "Contractual agriculture: better partnerships between small farmers and the business sector in the sultanate of Oman," Asian Journal of Agriculture and rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 10(1), pages 321-335, June.
- Michael Brüntrup & Fabian Schwarz & Thomas Absmayr & Jonas Dylla & Franziska Eckhard & Kerstin Remke & Konrad Sternisko, 2018. "Nucleus-outgrower schemes as an alternative to traditional smallholder agriculture in Tanzania – strengths, weaknesses and policy requirements," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(4), pages 807-826, August.
- World Bank, . "Russia Economic Report, November 2017, No. 38," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 28930, March.
- Fritzsch, Jana & Wegener, Stefan & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Curtiss, Jarmila & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2009. "Semi-subsistence Farm Households in Central and South-eastern Europe: Current State and Future Perspectives," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51444, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsCuba; Costa Rica; cooperation; urban agriculture;
All these keywords.
- N56 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:seh:journl:y:2015:i:67:m:december:p:179-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sehiaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: José-Miguel Lana (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sehiaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.