Structural Vulnerabilities and Currency Crises
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Saravelos, George, 2012.
"Can leading indicators assess country vulnerability? Evidence from the 2008–09 global financial crisis,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 216-231.
- Saravelo, George & Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2011. "Can Leading Indicators Assess Country Vulnerability? Evidence from the 2008-09 Global Financial Crisis," Scholarly Articles 5027952, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Saravelos, George, 2012. "Can Leading Indicators Assess Country Vulnerability? Evidence from the 2008-09 Global Financial Crisis," Scholarly Articles 9642637, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Saravelos, George, 2011. "Can Leading Indicators Assess Country Vulnerability? Evidence from the 2008-09 Global Financial Crisis," Working Paper Series rwp11-024, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Candelon, Bertrand & Dumitrescu, Elena-Ivona & Hurlin, Christophe, 2014.
"Currency crisis early warning systems: Why they should be dynamic,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1016-1029.
- Bertrand Candelon & Elena-Ivona DUMITRESCU & Christophe HURLIN, 2010. "Currency Crises Early Warning Systems: why they should be Dynamic," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 399, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Bertrand Candelon & Christophe Hurlin & Elena Dumitnescu, 2014. "Currency Crisis Early Warning Systems: Why They should be Dynamic," Working Papers 2014-161, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Bertrand Candelon & Elena Ivona Dumitrescu & Christophe Hurlin, 2014. "Currency Crises Early Warning Systems: Why They Should Be Dynamic," Post-Print hal-01385975, HAL.
- Candelon, B. & Dumitrescu, E-I. & Hurlin, C., 2010. "Currency crises early warning systems: why they should be dynamic," Research Memorandum 047, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Ghosh, Atish R. & Qureshi, Mahvash S. & Kim, Jun Il & Zalduendo, Juan, 2014. "Surges," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 266-285.
- Christofides, Charis & Eicher, Theo S. & Papageorgiou, Chris, 2016.
"Did established Early Warning Signals predict the 2008 crises?,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 103-114.
- Theo S. Eicher & Charis Christofides & Chris Papageorgiou, 2012. "Did Established Early Warning Signals Predict the 2008 Crises?," Working Papers UWEC-2012-05, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Ahmet Atil Asici, 2010.
"Parametric and non-parametric approaches to exits from fixed exchange rate regimes,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 381-406.
- Ahmet Atil Asici, 2007. "Parametric and Non-parametric Approaches to Exits from Fixed Exchange Rate Regimes," IHEID Working Papers 14-2007, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Ahmet Atil Asici, 2008. "Parametric and Non-Parametric Approaches to Exits from Fixed Exchange Rate Regimes," Working Papers 401, Economic Research Forum, revised 03 Jan 2008.
- Mpho Bosupeng, 2018. "Leading Indicators and Financial Crisis: A Multi-Sectoral Approach Using Signal Extraction," Journal of Empirical Studies, Conscientia Beam, vol. 5(1), pages 20-44.
- Mamdouh Abdelmoula M.Abdelsalam & Hany Abdel-Latif, 2020.
"An optimal early warning system for currency crises under model uncertainty,"
Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 20(3), pages 99-107.
- Mamdouh Abdelmoula M. Abdelsalama & Hany Abdel-Latif, 2019. "An optimal early warning system for currency crises under model uncertainty," Working Papers 1334, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.
- Andre Cartapanis, 2004. "Le declenchement des crises de change : qu'avons-nous appris depuis dix ans ?," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 97, pages 5-48.
- Bicaba, Zorobabel & Kapp, Daniel & Molteni, Francesco, 2014.
"Stability periods between financial crises: The role of macroeconomic fundamentals and crises management policies,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 346-360.
- Zorobabel Bicaba & Daniel Kapp & Francesco Molteni, 2011. "Stability periods between financial crises: The role of macroeconomic fundamentals and crises management policies," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11064, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Zorobabel Bicaba & Daniel Kapp & Francesco Molteni, 2011. "Stability periods between financial crises : The role of macroeconomic fundamentals and crises management policies," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00639869, HAL.
- Martin Feldkircher & Thomas Gruber & Isabella Moder, 2014. "Using a Threshold Approach to Flag Vulnerabilities in CESEE Economies," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 3, pages 8-30.
- Licchetta, Mirko, 2009. "Common determinants of currency crises: role of external balance sheet variables," Bank of England working papers 366, Bank of England.
- Rakesh Padhan & K. P. Prabheesh, 2019. "Effectiveness Of Early Warning Models: A Critical Review And New Agenda For Future Direction," Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking, Bank Indonesia, vol. 22(4), pages 457-484.
- Gianpaolo Rossini & Paolo Zanghieri, 2009.
"Current account composition and sustainability of external debt,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 677-683.
- Gianpaolo Rossini & Paolo Zanghieri, 2006. "Current Account Composition and Sustainability of External Debt," EcoMod2006 272100075, EcoMod.
- Gianpaolo Rossini & Paolo Zanghieri, 2007. "Current Account Composition and Sustainability of External Debt," Development Working Papers 226, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- G. Rossini & P. Zanghieri, 2006. "Current account composition and sustainability of external debt (I)," Working Papers 568, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & George Saravelos, 2010. "Are Leading Indicators of Financial Crises Useful for Assessing Country Vulnerability? Evidence from the 2008-09 Global Crisis," NBER Working Papers 16047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cristiano Prado Martins Barbosa, 2004. "Fatores Políticos E Institucionais: Impactos Sobre Paradas Bruscas De Financiamento Externo," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 070, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Marcos Chamon & Atish Ghosh & Jun Il Kim, 2012. "Are All Emerging Market Crises Alike?," Chapters, in: Maurice Obstfeld & Dongchul Cho & Andrew Mason (ed.),Global Economic Crisis, chapter 10, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ryota Nakatani, 2017.
"The Effects of Productivity Shocks, Financial Shocks, and Monetary Policy on Exchange Rates: An Application of the Currency Crisis Model and Implications for Emerging Market Crises,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(11), pages 2545-2561, November.
- Ryota Nakatani, 2014. "The Effects of Financial and Real Shocks, Structural Vulnerability and Monetary Policy on Exchange Rates from the Perspective of Currency Crises Models," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 043, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Jonathan David Ostry & Jeromin Zettelmeyer, 2005. "Strengthening IMF Crisis Prevention," IMF Working Papers 05/206, International Monetary Fund.
- Ivana Marjanović & Milan Marković, 2019. "Determinants of currency crises in the Republic of Serbia," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 37(1), pages 191-212.
More about this item
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:imfstp:v:50:y:2003:i:3:p:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.