Skill Levels and the Cyclical Variability of Employment, Hours, and Wages
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Toshihiko Mukoyama & Aysegül Sahin, 2005. "The cost of business cycles for unskilled workers," Staff Reports 214, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Matthew J. Lindquist, 2004.
"Capital-Skill Complementarity and Inequality Over the Business Cycle,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(3), pages 519-540, July.
- Lindquist, Matthew J., 2002. "Capital-Skill Complementarity and Inequality Over the Business Cycle," Research Papers in Economics 2002:14, Stockholm University, Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2003.
- Pourpourides, Panayiotis M., 2011.
"Implicit contracts and the cyclicality of the skill-premium,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 963-979, June.
- Pourpourides, Panayiotis M., 2007. "Implicit Contracts and the Cyclicality of the Skill-Premium," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2007/19, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section, revised Apr 2010.
- Martin HUMBURG & Andries de GRIP & Rolf van der VELDEN, 2017.
"Which skills protect graduates against a slack labour market?,"
International Labour Review,
International Labour Organization, vol. 156(1), pages 25-43, March.
- Humburg Martin & Grip Andries de & Velden Rolf van der, 2012. "Which skills protect graduates against a slack labour market?," ROA Research Memorandum 001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Humburg, M. & de Grip, A. & van der Velden, R.K.W., 2012. "Which skills protect graduates against a alack labour market?," Research Memorandum 002, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Almut Balleer & Thijs van Rens, 2013.
"Skill-Biased Technological Change and the Business Cycle,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(4), pages 1222-1237, October.
- Almut Balleer & Thijs van Rens, 2008. "Skill-biased technological change and the business cycle," Economics Working Papers 1079, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 2012.
- Almut Balleer & Thijs van Rens, 2012. "Skill-Biased Technological Change and the Business Cycle," Working Papers 560, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Balleer, Almut & Van Rens, Thijs, 2012. "Skill-biased technological change and the business cycle," Kiel Working Papers 1775, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Balleer, Almut & van Rens, Thijs, 2011. "Skill-Biased Technological Change and the Business Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 8410, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Linda Goldberg & Joseph Tracy, 2001. "Exchange Rates and Wages," NBER Working Papers 8137, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Otrok, Christopher & Pourpourides, Panayiotis M., 2008.
"On The Cyclicality of Real Wages and Wage Differentials,"
Cardiff Economics Working Papers
E2008/19, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section, revised Mar 2009.
- Christopher Otrok & Panayiotis M. Pourpourides, 2011. "On the Cyclicality of Real Wages and Wage Differentials," Working Papers 2011-4, Central Bank of Cyprus.
- Christopher Otrok & Panayiotis M. Pourpourides, 2011. "On The Cyclicality of Real Wages and Wage Di¤erentials," Working Papers 1116, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Kula Ferit & Aslan Alper, 2010.
"Hysteresis vs. Natural Rate of Unemployment: One, the Other, or Both?,"
South East European Journal of Economics and Business,
De Gruyter Open, vol. 5(1), pages 91-94, April.
- Kula, Ferit & Aslan, Alper, 2008. "Hysteresis vs. natural rate of unemployment: One, the other, or both?," MPRA Paper 14054, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlén, Björn, 2002. "Exclusionary Manipulation of Carbon Permit Markets: A Laboratory Test," Research Papers in Economics 2002:15, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Manuel A. Hidalgo, 2008. "Wage Inequality in Spain, 1980-2000," Working Papers 08.08, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Ferit KULA & Alper ASLAN, 2014. "Unemployment Hysteresis in Turkey: Does Education Matter?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(1), pages 35-39.
- D. Lederman & W.F. Maloney & J. Messina, 2011. "The Fall of Wage Flexibility," World Bank Other Operational Studies 23575, The World Bank.
- Mukoyama, Toshihiko & Sahin, Aysegul, 2006.
"Costs of business cycles for unskilled workers,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 2179-2193, November.
- Toshihiko Mukoyama & Aysegul Sahin, 2005. "Costs of Business Cycles for Unskilled Workers," Working Papers 05002, Concordia University, Department of Economics.
- MUKOYAMA, Toshihiko & ŞAHIN, Ayşegül, 2005. "Costs of Business Cycles for Unskilled Workers," Cahiers de recherche 15-2005, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Judith M. Delaney & Paul J. Devereux, 2017.
"More Education, Less Volatility? The Effect of Education on Earnings Volatility over the Life Cycle,"
201723, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Delaney, Judith & Devereux, Paul J., 2017. "More Education, Less Volatility? The Effect of Education on Earnings Volatility over the Life Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 11107, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Devereux, Paul J, 2000. "Task Assignment over the Business Cycle," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 98-124, January.
- Magda Kandil & Jeffrey Woods, 2002. "Employment composition and the cyclical behaviour of the aggregate real wage," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 689-708.
- Chang, Yongsung, 2000. "Wages, business cycles, and comparative advantage," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 143-171, August.
More about this item
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:imfstp:v:40:y:1993:i:4:p:711-743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.