A rather empty world: the many faces of distance and the persistent resistance to international trade
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martijn J. Burger & Mark J. P. M. Thissen & Frank G. van Oort & Dario Diodato, 2014.
"The Magnitude and Distance Decay of Trade in Goods and Services: New Evidence for European Countries,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 231-259, September.
- Martijn J. Burger & Mark Thissen & Frank G. van Oort & Dario Diodato, 2014. "The Magnitude and Distance Decay of Trade in Goods and Services: New Evidence for European Countries," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-031/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bernauer, Thomas & Spilker, Gabriele & Umaña, Víctor, 2014. "Different countries same partners: Experimental Evidence on PTA Partner Country Choice from Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Vietnam," Papers 739, World Trade Institute.
- Tobias Schlueter & Soenke Sievers, 2014. "Determinants of market beta: the impacts of firm-specific accounting figures and market conditions," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 535-570, April.
- Rodolfo Metulini & Roberto Patuelli & Daniel A. Griffith, 2018.
"A Spatial-Filtering Zero-Inflated Approach to the Estimation of the Gravity Model of Trade,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Rodolfo Metulini & Roberto Patuelli & Daniel A. Griffith, 2016. "A Spatial-Filtering Zero-Inflated Approach to the Estimation of the Gravity Model of Trade," Working Paper series 16-26, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Feb 2018.
- Rodolfo Metulini & Roberto Patuelli & Daniel Griffith, 2016. "A spatial-filtering zero-inflated approach to the estimation of the gravity model of trade," ERSA conference papers ersa16p614, European Regional Science Association.
- R. Metulini & R. Patuelli & D. A. Griffith, 2016. "A Spatial-Filtering Zero-Inflated Approach to the Estimation of the Gravity Model of Trade," Working Papers wp1081, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Maureen Lankhuizen & Henri L. F. de Groot & Gert‐Jan M. Linders, 2011.
"The Trade‐Off between Foreign Direct Investments and Exports: The Role of Multiple Dimensions of Distance,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(8), pages 1395-1416, August.
- Maureen Lankhuizen & Henri L.F. de Groot & Gert-Jan M. Linders, 2009. "The Trade-Off between Foreign Direct Investments and Exports: The Role of Multiple Dimensions of Distance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-050/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Charles Plaigin, 2009. "Exploratory study on the presence of cultural and institutional growth spillovers," DULBEA Working Papers 09-03.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bruna, Fernando & Faíña, Andrés & Lopez-Rodriguez, Jesus, 2014. "Market Potential and the curse of distance in European regions," MPRA Paper 56747, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martijn Burger & Frank van Oort & Gert-Jan Linders, 2009.
"On the Specification of the Gravity Model of Trade: Zeros, Excess Zeros and Zero-inflated Estimation,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 167-190.
- Burger, M.J. & van Oort, F.G. & Linders, G.J.M., 2009. "On the Specification of the Gravity Model of Trade: Zeros, Excess Zeros and Zero-Inflated Estimation," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-003-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Pahan Prasada, 2011. "National and supranational institutions and trade," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT,in: Trade-led growth: A sound strategy for Asia, chapter 10 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Pat McAllister & Anupam Nanda, 2016. "Does Real Estate Defy Gravity? An Analysis of Foreign Real Estate Investment Flows," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 924-948, November.
- Kit Chi Chung & Pauline Fleming & Euan Fleming, 2013. "The impact of information and communication technology on international trade in fruit and vegetables in APEC," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 27(2), pages 117-130, November.
- Murat Genç & David Law, 2014. "A Gravity Model of Barriers to Trade in New Zealand," Treasury Working Paper Series 14/05, New Zealand Treasury.
- Francesco Picciolo & Tiziano Squartini & Franco Ruzzenenti & Riccardo Basosi & Diego Garlaschelli, 2012. "The role of distances in the World Trade Web," Papers 1210.3269, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2012.
- Fleming, Euan M. & Thiemann, Franziska & Mueller, Rolf A.E., 2011. "Information and Communication Technology and the Global Flow of Wine: A Gravity Model of ICT in Wine Trade," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114353, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:cjrecs:v:1:y:2008:i:3:p:439-458. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/cjres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.