Déjà Vu All Over Again: On the Dismal Prospects for the Federal Budget
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferreira, Fernando, 2010.
"You can take it with you: Proposition 13 tax benefits, residential mobility, and willingness to pay for housing amenities,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(9-10), pages 661-673, October.
- Fernando Ferreira, 2008. "You Can Take it With You: Proposition 13 Tax Benefits, Residential Mobility, and Willingness to Pay for Housing Amenities," Working Papers 08-15, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- King, A Thomas, 1977. "Estimating Property Tax Capitalization: A Critical Comment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 425-431, April.
- John Nagy, 1997. "Did Proposition 13 Affect the Mobility of California Homeowners ?," Public Finance Review, , vol. 25(1), pages 102-116, January.
- Yinger, John, 1982. "Capitalization and the Theory of Local Public Finance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 917-943, October.
- Oates, Wallace E, 1969. "The Effects of Property Taxes and Local Public Spending on Property Values: An Empirical Study of Tax Capitalization and the Tiebout Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 957-971, Nov./Dec..
- Dye, Richard F. & McGuire, Therese J. & McMillen, Daniel P., 2005. "Are Property Tax Limitations More Binding Over Time?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 58(2), pages 215-225, June.
- Dye, Richard F. & McMillen, Daniel P. & Merriman, David F., 2006. "Illinois' Response to Rising Residential Property Values: An Assessment Growth Cap in Cook County," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 59(3), pages 707-716, September.
- Bowman, John H., 2006. "Property Tax Policy Responses to Rapidly Rising Home Values: District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 59(3), pages 717-733, September.
- Skidmore, Mark, 1999. "Tax and Expenditure Limitations and the Fiscal Relationships between State and Local Governments," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 99(1-2), pages 77-102, April.
- Papke, Leslie E., 2005. "The effects of spending on test pass rates: evidence from Michigan," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 821-839, June.
- Sigelman, Lee & Zeng, Langche, 1999. "Analyzing Censored and Sample-Selected Data with Tobit and Heckit Models," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 167-182, December.
- Wales, T J & Wiens, E G, 1974. "Capitalization of Residential Property Taxes: An Empirical Study," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(3), pages 329-333, August.
- Reinhard, Raymond M, 1981. "Estimating Property Tax Capitalization: A Further Comment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1251-1260, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntj:journl:v:63:y:2010:i:3:p:543-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ann Crampton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ntaaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .