A Post Keynesian view of central bank independence, policy targets, and the rules versus discretion debate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- L. Randall Wray, 2007. "A Post-Keynesian View of Central Bank Independence, Policy Targets, and the Rules-versus-Discretion Debate," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_510, Levy Economics Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cottrell, Allin, 1994. "Keynes and the Keynesians on the Fisher Effect," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 416-433, November.
- Marc Lavoie, 2002. "Interest parity, risk premia, and Post Keynesian analysis," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 237-249.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & L. Randall Wray, "undated". "Targeting Inflation, The Effects of Monetary Policy on the CPI and Its Housing Component," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_27, Levy Economics Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Angel Asensio, 2009. "Between the cup and the lip," Working Papers halshs-00496911, HAL.
- Hiroshi Nishi, 2014.
"Varieties of economic growth regimes, types of macroeconomic policies and policy regimes: a post-Keynesian analysis,"
Chapters,in: Economic Crises and Policy Regimes, chapter 5, pages 101-123
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hiroshi Nishi, 2012. "Varieties of Economic Growth Regimes, Types of Macroeconomic Policies, and Policy Regime: A Post-Keynesian Analysis," Discussion papers e-12-008, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Emiliano Brancaccio & Giuseppe Fontana, 2013. "'Solvency rule' versus 'Taylor rule': an alternative interpretation of the relation between monetary policy and the economic crisis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 17-33.
- repec:bla:metroe:v:68:y:2017:i:3:p:500-548 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angel Asensio, 2012. "Between the Cup and the Lip: On Post Keynesian Interest Rate Rules and Long-term Interest Rate Management," Chapters,in: Monetary Policy and Central Banking, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mark Setterfield, 2014.
"Using Interest Rates as the Instrument of Monetary Policy: Beware Real effects, Positive Feedbacks, and Discontinuities,"
Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(70), pages 7-22, June.
- Mark Setterfield, 2013. "Using Interest Rates as the Instrument of Monetary Policy: Beware Real effects, Positive Feedbacks, and Discontinuities," Working Papers 1320, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Eckhard Hein & Christian Schoder, 2011.
"Interest rates, distribution and capital accumulation -- A post-Kaleckian perspective on the US and Germany,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(6), pages 693-723, November.
- Hein, Eckhard & Schoder, Christian, 2009. "Interest rates, distribution and capital accumulation: A Post-Kaleckian perspective on the US and Germany," IPE Working Papers 04/2009, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Hein, Eckhard & Schoder, Christian, 2009. "Interest rates, distribution and capital accumulation – A Post-Kaleckian perspective on the US and Germany," MPRA Paper 18223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jairo Parada Corrales & Cristina Albor Cepeda, 2011. "La mitología del banco central independiente," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 13(24), pages 465-472, January-J.
- Louis-Philippe Rochon & Marc Setterfield, 2011. "Post-Keynesian Interest Rate Rules and Macroeconomic Performance: A Comparative Evaluation," Chapters,in: Credit, Money and Macroeconomic Policy, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Soon Ryoo & Peter Skott, 2017.
"Fiscal and Monetary Policy Rules in an Unstable Economy,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 500-548, July.
- Ryoo, Soon & Skott, Peter, 2015. "Fiscal and monetary policy rules in an unstable economy," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2015-15, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Noemi Levy Orlik, 2012. "The Effect of Interest Rates in Developing Countries: Can Central Bank Monetary Policy Instruments Modify Economic Growth?," Chapters,in: Employment, Growth and Development, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Eric Tymigne, 2011. "Financial stability, regulatory buffers and economic growth after the Great Recession: some regulatory implications," Chapters,in: Financial Instability and Economic Security after the Great Recession, chapter 6, pages 114-140 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Josh Ryan-Collins, 2015. "Is Monetary Financing Inflationary? A Case Study of the Canadian Economy, 1935-75," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_848, Levy Economics Institute.
- Theodore T. Koutsobinas, 2011. "From Monetary to Fiscal Policy Rule: A Matter of Adjustment or Choice?," Chapters,in: Credit, Money and Macroeconomic Policy, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2016.
"Post-Keynesian macroeconomics since the mid-1990s: Main developments,"
IPE Working Papers
75/2016, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Eckhard Hein, 2017. "Post-Keynesian macroeconomics since the mid-1990s - main developments," FMM Working Paper 01-2017, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:postke:v:30:y:2007:i:1:p:119-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MPKE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.