Entrepreneurship, risk perception and firm performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- M.A. Boermans & Daan Willebrands, 2017. "Entrepreneurship, risk perception and firm performance," Working Papers 17-04, Utrecht School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David J. & Woodruff, Christopher, 2009. "Measuring microenterprise profits: Must we ask how the sausage is made?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 19-31, January.
- Robert Cressy, 2006. "Why do Most Firms Die Young?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 103-116, March.
- Ajay Thapa, 2015. "Determinants of microenterprise performance in Nepal," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 581-594, October.
- Katherine Gundolf & Annabelle Jaouen, 2005. "Patterns and coordination of collective action in small and very small business: the case of a tourist village in the Pyrenees," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(4), pages 392-403.
- Forlani, David & Mullins, John W., 2000. "Perceived risks and choices in entrepreneurs' new venture decisions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 305-322, July.
- Johann Peter Murmann & Deepak Sardana, 2013. "Successful entrepreneurs minimize risk," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 38(1), pages 191-215, April.
- Sleuwaegen, Leo & Goedhuys, Micheline, 2002. "Growth of firms in developing countries, evidence from Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 117-135, June.
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto A. Weber, 2014.
"Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 49-70, Summer.
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto Weber, 2014. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," Post-Print hal-01066493, HAL.
- Astebro , Thomas & Herz , Holger & Nanda , Ramana & Weber , Roberto, 2015. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," Les Cahiers de Recherche 1101, HEC Paris.
- William Norton & William Moore, 2006. "The Influence of Entrepreneurial Risk Assessment on Venture Launch or Growth Decisions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 215-226, April.
- Martijn A. Boermans & Hein Roelfsema, 2016. "Small firm internationalization, innovation, and growth," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 283-296, April.
- Nichter, Simeon & Goldmark, Lara, 2009. "Small Firm Growth in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1453-1464, September.
- Leo Paul Dana & Teresa E. Dana, 2005. "Expanding the scope of methodologies used in entrepreneurship research," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(1), pages 79-88.
- Lisa Daniels, 2001. "Testing alternative measures of microenterprise profits and net worth," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 599-614.
- Michael Grimm & Jens Krüger & Jann Lay, 2011.
"Barriers To Entry And Returns To Capital In Informal Activities: Evidence From Sub‐Saharan Africa,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57, pages 27-53, May.
- Grimm, Michael & Kruger, Jens & Lay, Jann, 2011. "Barriers to entry and returns to capital in informal activities : evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 77927, The World Bank.
- Palich, Leslie E. & Ray Bagby, D., 1995. "Using cognitive theory to explain entrepreneurial risk-taking: Challenging conventional wisdom," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 425-438, November.
- Petra Gibcus & Patrick A.M. Vermeulen & Jeroen P.J. De Jong, 2009. "Strategic decision making in small firms: a taxonomy of small business owners," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 74-91.
- Ann-Renée Blais & Elke U. Weber, 2006. "A Domain-Specific Risk-Taking (DOSPERT)Scale for Adult Populations," CIRANO Working Papers 2006s-24, CIRANO.
- Kathleen Randerson & Jean-Michel Degeorge & Alain Fayolle, 2016. "Entrepreneurial opportunities: how do cognitive styles and logics of action fit in?," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 27(1), pages 19-39.
- Willebrands, Daan & Lammers, Judith & Hartog, Joop, 2012. "A successful businessman is not a gambler. Risk attitude and business performance among small enterprises in Nigeria," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 342-354.
- Leo-Paul Dana, 2002. "Sustainable development in the Maldives: the Dhivehi context of entrepreneurship," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(6), pages 557-565.
- Ann-RenÃ©e Blais & Elke U. Weber, 2006. "A Domain-Specific Risk-Taking (DOSPERT) scale for adult populations," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 1, pages 33-47, July.
- Martijn Boermans & Daan Willebrands, 2012. "Financial constraints, risk taking and firm performance: Recent evidence from microfinance clients in Tanzania," DNB Working Papers 358, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jintong Tang & Zhi Tang, 2007. "The relationship of achievement motivation and risk-taking propensity to new venture performance: a test of the moderating effect of entrepreneurial munificence," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(4), pages 450-472.
- Pia Arenius & Maria Minniti, 2005. "Perceptual Variables and Nascent Entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 233-247, February.
- Maria Minniti & Wim Naudé, 2010. "Introduction: What Do We Know About The Patterns and Determinants of Female Entrepreneurship Across Countries?," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 22(3), pages 277-293, July.
- Masakure, Oliver & Cranfield, John & Henson, Spencer, 2008. "The Financial Performance of Non-farm Microenterprises in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2733-2762, December.
- Simon, Mark & Houghton, Susan M. & Aquino, Karl, 2000. "Cognitive biases, risk perception, and venture formation: How individuals decide to start companies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 113-134, March.
- Arne Bigsten & Mulu Gebreeyesus, 2007. "The Small, the Young, and the Productive: Determinants of Manufacturing Firm Growth in Ethiopia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 813-840.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk attitude; risk perception; risk propensity; entrepreneurship; business performance; Africa.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:ijesbu:v:31:y:2017:i:4:p:557-569. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmel O'Grady). General contact details of provider: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=74 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.