Can the central bank peg real interest rates? : a survey of classical and neoclassical opinion
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rush, Mark, 1980. "Comment and further evidence on `implicit interest on demand deposits'," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 437-451, July.
- Barro, Robert J & Santomero, Anthony J, 1972. "Household Money Holdings and The Demand Deposit Rate," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 397-413, May.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "Competitive Interest Payments on Bank Deposits and the Long-Run Demand for Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 931-949, December.
- Boyd, John H., 1976. "Household demand for checking account money : The impact of bank pricing," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 81-98, January.
- Carlson, John A & Frew, James R, 1980. "Money Demand Responsiveness to the Rate of Return on Money: A Methodological Critique," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 598-607, June.
- Becker, William E, Jr, 1975. "Determinants of the United States Currency-Demand Deposit Ratio," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(1), pages 57-74, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michal Brzoza-Brzezina, 2004. "The Information Content of the Natural Rate of Interest: The Case of Poland," Macroeconomics 0402007, EconWPA.
- repec:fip:fedreq:00051 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert L. Hetzel, 2008. "What is the monetary standard, or, how did the Volcker-Greenspan FOMCs tame inflation?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 147-171.
- Lucio Sarno & Daniel L. Thornton & Yi Wen, 2007.
"What's Unique About the Federal Funds Rate? Evidence from a Spectral Perspective,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(2), pages 293-319, April.
- Lucio Sarno & Daniel L. Thornton & Yi Wen, 2002. "What's unique about the federal funds rate? evidence from a spectral perspective," Working Papers 2002-029, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Lucio Sarno & Daniel Thornton & Yi Wen, 2002. "What's Unique About the Federal Funds Rate? Evidence from a Spectral Perspective," Working Papers wpn02-01, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedrer:y:1983:i:sep:p:12-21:n:v.69no.5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Pascasio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbrius.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .