Resolving the national bank note paradox
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cagan, Phillip & Schwartz, Anna J, 1991. "The National Bank Note Puzzle Reinterpreted," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(3), pages 293-307, August.
- James, John A, 1976. "The Conundrum of the Low Issue of National Bank Notes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(2), pages 359-367, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Mason, Joseph R., 2008.
"Resolving the puzzle of the underissuance of national bank notes,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 327-355, September.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 2004. "Resolving the Puzzle of the Underissuance of National Bank Notes," NBER Working Papers 10951, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 2005. "Resolving the puzzle of the underissuance of national bank notes," Working Papers 05-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Antoine Martin & Cyril Monnet & Warren E. Weber, 2000. "Costly banknote issuance and interest rates under the national banking system," Working Papers 601, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Eugene N. White, 2011. ""To Establish a More Effective Supervision of Banking": How the Birth of the Fed Altered Bank Supervision," NBER Working Papers 16825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris, 1992. "Greenback Resumption and Silver Risk: The Economics and Politics of Monetary Regime Change in the United States, 1862-1900," NBER Working Papers 4166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaremski, Matthew & Rousseau, Peter L., 2018.
"The dawn of an ‘age of deposits’ in the United States,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 264-281.
- Matthew Jaremski & Peter L. Rousseau, 2015. "The Dawn of an ‘Age of Deposits’ in the United States," NBER Working Papers 21503, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks and banking - History;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmqr:y:1992:i:spr:p:13-21:n:v.16no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jannelle Ruswick). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbmnus.html .