A principal components approach to estimating labor market pressure and its implications for inflation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 1999.
"The Measurement of Unemployment: An Empirical Approach,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 147-162, January.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, "undated". "The Measurement Of Unemployment: An Empirical Approach," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 09, McMaster University.
- Kim B. Clark & Lawrence H. Summers, 1979. "Labor Market Dynamics and Unemployemnt: A Reconsideration," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 10(1), pages 13-72.
- Mark E. Schweitzer, 2003.
"Ready, willing, and able? measuring labour availability in the UK,"
0303, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Mark E Schweitzer, 2003. "Ready, willing, and able? Measuring labour availability in the UK," Bank of England working papers 186, Bank of England.
- Andrea Brandolini & Piero Cipollone & Eliana Viviano, 2006. "Does The Ilo Definition Capture All Unemployment?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 4(1), pages 153-179, March.
- Katharine L. Bradbury, 2005. "Additional slack in the economy: the poor recovery in labor force participation during this business cycle," Public Policy Brief, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Anderson Katharine & Barrow Lisa & Butcher Kristin F., 2005. "Implications of Changes in Men's and Women's Labor Force Participation for Real Compensation Growth and Inflation," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Robert Shimer, 2012. "Reassessing the Ins and Outs of Unemployment," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(2), pages 127-148, April.
- Stephen R. G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2006.
"Unemployment and Nonemployment: Heterogeneities in Labor Market States,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 314-323, May.
- Stephen R.G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2002. "Unemployment and Non-Employment: Heterogeneities in Labour Market States," Department of Economics Working Papers 2002-05, McMaster University.
- Garrido, Luis & Toharia, Luis, 2004. "What does it take to be (counted as) unemployed? The case of Spain," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 507-523, August.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Topel, Robert H, 1997. "Unemployment and Nonemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 295-300, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chung, Hess & Fallick, Bruce C. & Nekarda, Christopher J. & Ratner, David, 2014.
"Assessing the Change in Labor Market Conditions,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2014-109, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chung, Hess & Fallick, Bruce C. & Nekarda, Christopher J. & Ratner, David, 2015. "Assessing the Change in Labor Market Conditions," Working Paper 1438, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Hess Chung & Bruce C. Fallick & Christopher J. Nekarda & David Ratner, 2014. "Assessing the Change in Labor Market Conditions," FEDS Notes 2014-05-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:2:p:247-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Albuquerque, Bruno & Baumann, Ursel, 2017.
"Will US inflation awake from the dead? The role of slack and non-linearities in the Phillips curve,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 247-271.
- Baumann, Ursel & Albuquerque, Bruno, 2017. "Will US inflation awake from the dead? The role of slack and non-linearities in the Phillips curve," Working Paper Series 2001, European Central Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor market ; Unemployment ; Inflation (Finance);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbpb:y:2007:n:07-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .