What Lies Beneath? Who Owns British Defence Contractors and Does It Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gene M. Grossman (ed.), 1996. "Economic Growth," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 553, April.
- George M. Georgiou & Panayotis T. Kapopoulos & Sophia Lazaretou, 1996.
"Modelling Greek-Turkish Rivalry: An Empirical Investigation of Defence Spending Dynamics,"
Journal of Peace Research,
Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 33(2), pages 229-239, May.
- George Georgiou & Panayiotis Kapopoulos & Sophia Lazaretou, "undated". "Modelling Greek - Turkish Rivalry: An Empirical Investigation Of Defence Spending Dynamics," Working Papers 9411, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- J paul Dunne & Beverly Edkins, 2008.
"The Demand For Food In South Africa,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, pages 104-117.
- Paul Dunne & Eftychia Nikolaidou, 2005. "Military Spending and Economic Growth in Greece, Portugal and Spain," Working Papers 0510, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- H. Sonmez Atesoglu, 2002. "Defense Spending Promotes Aggregate Output in the United States--Evidence from Cointegration Analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 55-60.
- Peter Batchelor & J. Paul Dunne & David Saal, 2000.
"Military spending and economic growth in South Africa,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 553-571.
- Paul Dunne & Dimitrios Vougas, 1999. "Military Spending and Economic Growth in South Africa," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 43(4), pages 521-537, August.
- J Paul Dunne, Eftychia Nikolaidou, 2005. "Military Spending and Economic Growth in Greece, Portugal and Spain," Frontiers in Finance and Economics, SKEMA Business School, pages 1-17.
- Erdal Karagol & Serap Palaz, 2004. "Does defence expenditure deter economic growth in Turkey? A cointegration analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 289-298.
- Paul Dunne & Eftychia Nikolaidou & Dimitrios Vougas, 2001. "Defence spending and economic growth: A causal analysis for Greece and Turkey," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 5-26.
- Faini, Riccardo & Annez, Patricia & Taylor, Lance, 1984. "Defense Spending, Economic Structure, and Growth: Evidence among Countries and Over Time," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(3), pages 487-498, April.
- Joerding, Wayne, 1986. "Economic growth and defense spending : Granger Causality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 35-40, April.
- Christos Kollias & Charis Naxakisb & Leonidas Zarangasb, 2004. "Defence Spending and Growth in Cyprus: A Causal Analysis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 299-307.
- J. Paul Dunne & Ron Smith & Dirk Willenbockel, 2005.
"Models Of Military Expenditure And Growth: A Critical Review,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 449-461.
- J Paul Dunne & Ron Smith & Dirk Willenbockel, 2004. "Models of Military Expenditure and Growth: A Critical Review," Working Papers 0408, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- J Paul Dunne & Eftychia Nikolaidou, 2011. "Defence Spending and Economic Growth in the EU15," Working Papers 1102, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Chien-Hsun Chen, 1993. "Causality between Defence Spending and Economic Growth: The Case of Mainland China," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(6), pages 37-43, October.
More about this item
KeywordsDefence; corporate ownership; suplly base; industry structure and conduct;
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L64 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Machinery; Business Equipment; Armaments
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ffe:journl:v:2:y:2005:i:1:p:68-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sophie Bodo). General contact details of provider: http://www.ffe.esc-lille.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.