Quantile based entropy function in past lifetime
Di Crescenzo and Longobardi (2002) introduced a measure of uncertainty in past lifetime distributions and studied its relationship with residual entropy function. In the present paper, we introduce a quantile version of the entropy function in past lifetime and study its properties. Unlike the measure of uncertainty given in Di Crescenzo and Longobardi (2002) the proposed measure uniquely determines the underlying probability distribution. The measure is used to study two nonparametric classes of distributions. We prove characterizations theorems for some well known quantile lifetime distributions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw, 2009. "On a representation of weighted distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(15), pages 1690-1694, August.
- Navarro, J. & Sunoj, S.M. & Linu, M.N., 2011. "Characterizations of bivariate models using dynamic Kullback-Leibler discrimination measures," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(11), pages 1594-1598, November.
- Sunoj, S.M. & Sankaran, P.G., 2012. "Quantile based entropy function," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(6), pages 1049-1053.
- Sankaran, P.G. & Unnikrishnan Nair, N. & Sreedevi, E.P., 2010. "A quantile based test for comparing cumulative incidence functions of competing risks models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(9-10), pages 886-891, May.
- Asok Nanda & Prasanta Paul, 2006. "Some Properties of Past Entropy and their Applications," Metrika- International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 64(1), pages 47-61, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:1:p:366-372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.