Quantile based entropy function in past lifetime
Di Crescenzo and Longobardi (2002) introduced a measure of uncertainty in past lifetime distributions and studied its relationship with residual entropy function. In the present paper, we introduce a quantile version of the entropy function in past lifetime and study its properties. Unlike the measure of uncertainty given in Di Crescenzo and Longobardi (2002) the proposed measure uniquely determines the underlying probability distribution. The measure is used to study two nonparametric classes of distributions. We prove characterizations theorems for some well known quantile lifetime distributions.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bartoszewicz, Jaroslaw, 2009. "On a representation of weighted distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(15), pages 1690-1694, August.
- Navarro, J. & Sunoj, S.M. & Linu, M.N., 2011. "Characterizations of bivariate models using dynamic Kullback-Leibler discrimination measures," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(11), pages 1594-1598, November.
- Asok Nanda & Prasanta Paul, 2006. "Some Properties of Past Entropy and their Applications," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 64(1), pages 47-61, August.
- Sunoj, S.M. & Sankaran, P.G., 2012. "Quantile based entropy function," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(6), pages 1049-1053.
- Sankaran, P.G. & Unnikrishnan Nair, N. & Sreedevi, E.P., 2010. "A quantile based test for comparing cumulative incidence functions of competing risks models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(9-10), pages 886-891, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:1:p:366-372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.