A Generalized Hyperbolic model for a risky asset with dependence
We present a construction of the Generalized Hyperbolic (GH) subordinator model for a risky asset with dependence. The construction of the subordinator (activity time) process is implemented via superpositions of Ornstein–Uhlenbeck type processes driven by Lévy noise. It unifies, on the basis of self-decomposability of the Generalized Inverse Gaussian (GIG) distribution, the construction of the various special cases of the GH subordinator class, such as the Variance Gamma, normal inverse Gaussian, hyperbolic and, especially, t distributions. An option pricing formula for the proposed model is derived.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2001. "Non-Gaussian Ornstein-Uhlenbeck-based models and some of their uses in financial economics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 167-241.
- Granger, Clive W.J., 2005. "The past and future of empirical finance: some personal comments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1-2), pages 35-40.
- Elisa Nicolato & Emmanouil Venardos, 2003. "Option Pricing in Stochastic Volatility Models of the Ornstein-Uhlenbeck type," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 445-466.
- Helyette Geman & C. Peter M. Dilip Y. Marc, 2007. "Self decomposability and option pricing," Post-Print halshs-00144193, HAL.
- Ernst Eberlein & Sebastian Raible, 1999. "Term Structure Models Driven by General Lévy Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 31-53.
- Leonenko, N.N. & Petherick, S. & Sikorskii, A., 2012. "A normal inverse Gaussian model for a risky asset with dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 109-115.
- Fung, Thomas & Seneta, Eugene, 2010. "Extending the multivariate generalised t and generalised VG distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 154-164, January.
- Richard Finlay & Eugene Seneta, 2008. "Option Pricing With Vg–Like Models," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(08), pages 943-955.
- Tina Hviid Rydberg, 1999. "Generalized Hyperbolic Diffusion Processes with Applications in Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 183-201.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1380 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Finlay & Eugene Seneta, 2008. "Stationary-Increment Variance-Gamma and "t" Models: Simulation and Parameter Estimation," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 76(2), pages 167-186, 08.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:12:p:2164-2169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.