Comparisons of concordance in additive models
In this note we compare bivariate additive models with respect to their Pearson correlation coefficients, Kendall’s τ concordance coefficients, and Blomqvist β medial correlation coefficients. The conditions that enable the comparisons involve variability stochastic orders such as the dispersive and the peakedness orders. Specifically we show that we can compare the Kendall’s τ concordance coefficients of Cheriyan and Ramabhadran’s bivariate gamma distributions, in spite of the fact that it is hard (and not necessary) to compute them.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bäuerle, Nicole & Müller, Alfred, 1998. "Modeling and Comparing Dependencies in Multivariate Risk Portfolios," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 59-76, May.
- Li, Xiaohu & Pellerey, Franco, 2011. "Generalized Marshall-Olkin distributions and related bivariate aging properties," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(10), pages 1399-1409, November.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khaledi, Baha-Eldin & Kochar, Subhash, 2005. "Dependence orderings for generalized order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 357-367, July.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:11:p:2059-2067. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.