The Bernstein polynomial estimator of a smooth quantile function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Munoz Perez, Jose & Fernandez Palacin, Ana, 1987. "Estimating the quantile function by Bernstein polynomials," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 391-397, September.
- Kaigh, W. D. & Sorto, Maria Alejandra, 1993. "Subsampling quantile estimator majorization inequalities," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 373-379, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cheng, Cheng, 1998. "A Berry-Esséen-type theorem of quantile density estimators," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 255-262, August.
- Okolewski, Andrzej & Rychlik, Tomasz, 2001. "Sharp distribution-free bounds on the bias in estimating quantiles via order statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 207-213, April.
- Zielinski, Ryszard, 1999. "Best equivariant nonparametric estimator of a quantile," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 79-84, October.
- Golyandina, Nina & Pepelyshev, Andrey & Steland, Ansgar, 2012. "New approaches to nonparametric density estimation and selection of smoothing parameters," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 2206-2218.
- Cheng, Cheng, 2002. "Almost-sure uniform error bounds of general smooth estimators of quantile density functions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 183-194, September.
More about this item
KeywordsQuantile function Bernstein polynomial Smoothing Approximation Spectral decomposition Convexity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:24:y:1995:i:4:p:321-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.