Moments, moderate and large deviations for a branching process in a random environment
Let (Zn) be a supercritical branching process in a random environment ξ, and W be the limit of the normalized population size Zn/E[Zn|ξ]. We show large and moderate deviation principles for the sequence logZn (with appropriate normalization). For the proof, we calculate the critical value for the existence of harmonic moments of W, and show an equivalence for all the moments of Zn. Central limit theorems on W−Wn and logZn are also established.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 122 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Böinghoff, Christian & Kersting, Götz, 2010. "Upper large deviations of branching processes in a random environment--Offspring distributions with geometrically bounded tails," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(10), pages 2064-2077, September.
- Tanny, David, 1988. "A necessary and sufficient condition for a branching process in a random environment to grow like the product of its means," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 123-139, April.
- Liu, Quansheng, 1999. "Asymptotic properties of supercritical age-dependent branching processes and homogeneous branching random walks," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 61-87, July.
- Liu, Quansheng, 2001. "Asymptotic properties and absolute continuity of laws stable by random weighted mean," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 83-107, September.
- Afanasyev, V.I. & Geiger, J. & Kersting, G. & Vatutin, V.A., 2005. "Functional limit theorems for strongly subcritical branching processes in random environment," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(10), pages 1658-1676, October.
- Wang, Hesong & Gao, Zhiqiang & Liu, Quansheng, 2011. "Central limit theorems for a supercritical branching process in a random environment," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(5), pages 539-547, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:122:y:2012:i:2:p:522-545. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.