An explicit solution to the Skorokhod embedding problem for functionals of excursions of Markov processes
We develop an explicit non-randomized solution to the Skorokhod embedding problem in an abstract setup of signed functionals of excursions of Markov processes. Our setting allows us to solve the Skorokhod embedding problem, in particular, for the age process of excursions of a Markov process, for diffusions and their signed age processes, for Azéma's martingale and for Bessel processes of dimension smaller than 2. This work is a continuation and an important generalization of Oblój and Yor [J.Â Oblój, M.Â Yor, An explicit Skorokhod embedding for the age of Brownian excursions and Azéma martingale, Stochastic Process. Appl. 110 (1) (2004) 83-110]. Our methodology is based on excursion theory and the solution to the Skorokhod embedding problem is described in terms of the Itô measure of the functional. We also derive an embedding for positive functionals and we correct a mistake in the formula of Oblój and Yor [J.Â Oblój, M.Â Yor, An explicit Skorokhod embedding for the age of Brownian excursions and Azéma martingale, Stochastic Process. Appl. 110 (1) (2004) 83-110] for measures with atoms.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 117 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nikeghbali, Ashkan, 2006. "A class of remarkable submartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 116(6), pages 917-938, June.
- Vallois, P., 1992. "Quelques inégalités avec le temps local en zero du mouvement Brownien," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 117-155, May.
- Cox, A. M. G. & Hobson, D. G., 2004. "An optimal Skorokhod embedding for diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 17-39, May.
- Haydyn Brown & David Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 2001. "Robust Hedging of Barrier Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 285-314.
- David G. Hobson, 1998. "Robust hedging of the lookback option," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 329-347.
- Umut Cetin & R. Jarrow & P. Protter & Y. Yildirim, 2004.
"Modeling credit risk with partial information,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2840, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oblój, Jan & Yor, Marc, 2004. "An explicit Skorokhod embedding for the age of Brownian excursions and Azéma martingale," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 83-110, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:117:y:2007:i:4:p:409-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.