An explicit solution to the Skorokhod embedding problem for functionals of excursions of Markov processes
We develop an explicit non-randomized solution to the Skorokhod embedding problem in an abstract setup of signed functionals of excursions of Markov processes. Our setting allows us to solve the Skorokhod embedding problem, in particular, for the age process of excursions of a Markov process, for diffusions and their signed age processes, for Azéma's martingale and for Bessel processes of dimension smaller than 2. This work is a continuation and an important generalization of Oblój and Yor [J.Â Oblój, M.Â Yor, An explicit Skorokhod embedding for the age of Brownian excursions and Azéma martingale, Stochastic Process. Appl. 110 (1) (2004) 83-110]. Our methodology is based on excursion theory and the solution to the Skorokhod embedding problem is described in terms of the Itô measure of the functional. We also derive an embedding for positive functionals and we correct a mistake in the formula of Oblój and Yor [J.Â Oblój, M.Â Yor, An explicit Skorokhod embedding for the age of Brownian excursions and Azéma martingale, Stochastic Process. Appl. 110 (1) (2004) 83-110] for measures with atoms.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 117 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Umut Cetin & Robert Jarrow & Philip Protter & Yildiray Yildirim, 2004.
"Modeling Credit Risk with Partial Information,"
- Vallois, P., 1992. "Quelques inégalités avec le temps local en zero du mouvement Brownien," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 117-155, May.
- Nikeghbali, Ashkan, 2006. "A class of remarkable submartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 116(6), pages 917-938, June.
- David G. Hobson, 1998. "Robust hedging of the lookback option," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 329-347.
- Cox, A. M. G. & Hobson, D. G., 2004. "An optimal Skorokhod embedding for diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 17-39, May.
- Haydyn Brown & David Hobson & L. C. G. Rogers, 2001. "Robust Hedging of Barrier Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 285-314.
- Oblój, Jan & Yor, Marc, 2004. "An explicit Skorokhod embedding for the age of Brownian excursions and Azéma martingale," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 83-110, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:117:y:2007:i:4:p:409-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.