The organization of scientific collaborations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McMillan, G. Steven & Narin, Francis & Deeds, David L., 2000. "An analysis of the critical role of public science in innovation: the case of biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-8, January.
- Loet Leydesdorff & Henry Etzkowitz, 1996. "Emergence of a Triple Helix of university—industry—government relations," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(5), pages 279-286, October.
- Katz, J. Sylvan & Martin, Ben R., 1997. "What is research collaboration?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Narin, Francis & Hamilton, Kimberly S. & Olivastro, Dominic, 1997. "The increasing linkage between U.S. technology and public science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 317-330, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Jian, 2016. "Knowledge creation in collaboration networks: Effects of tie configuration," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 68-80.
- Vasileiadou, Eleftheria & Vliegenthart, Rens, 2009. "Research productivity in the era of the internet revisited," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1260-1268, October.
- Schuetzenmeister, Falk, 2010. "University Research Management: An Exploratory Literature Review," Institute of European Studies, Working Paper Series qt77p3j2hr, Institute of European Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Corley, Elizabeth A. & Boardman, P. Craig & Bozeman, Barry, 2006. "Design and the management of multi-institutional research collaborations: Theoretical implications from two case studies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 975-993, September.
- Barry Bozeman & Monica Gaughan & Jan Youtie & Catherine P. Slade & Heather Rimes, 2016. "Research collaboration experiences, good and bad: Dispatches from the front lines," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 226-244.
- Wang, Jian & Hicks, Diana, 2015. "Scientific teams: Self-assembly, fluidness, and interdependence," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 197-207.
- King, Gillian & Currie, Melissa & Smith, Linda & Servais, Michelle & McDougall, Janette, 2008. "A framework of operating models for interdisciplinary research programs in clinical service organizations," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 160-173, May.
- Bammer, Gabriele, 2008. "Enhancing research collaborations: Three key management challenges," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 875-887, June.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:122:y:2017:i:c:p:139-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9521-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cummings, Jonathon N. & Kiesler, Sara, 2007. "Coordination costs and project outcomes in multi-university collaborations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1620-1634, December.
- repec:spr:joevec:v:27:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00191-017-0495-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:2:p:413-427 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:9:p:1692-1705 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giovanni Abramo & Ciriaco Andrea D'Angelo & Flavia Costa, 2012. "Identifying interdisciplinarity through the disciplinary classification of coauthors of scientific publications," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 63(11), pages 2206-2222, November.
- Luis Antonio Orozco Castro, 2015. "Diversidad y heterogeneidad en redes de colaboración científica. Un estudio de las escuelas de administración de América Latina," Books, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Facultad de Administración de Empresas, edition 1, number 44, EJSER Sep.
- Sam Garrett-Jones & Tim Turpin & Kieren Diment, 2010. "Managing competition between individual and organizational goals in cross-sector research and development centres," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 527-546, October.
- Hackett, Edward J. & Conz, David & Parker, John & Bashford, Jonathon & DeLay, Susan, 2004. "Tokamaks and turbulence: research ensembles, policy and technoscientific work," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 747-767, July.
- Heinze, Thomas & Shapira, Philip & Rogers, Juan D. & Senker, Jacqueline M., 2009. "Organizational and institutional influences on creativity in scientific research," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 610-623, May.
- repec:spr:scient:v:101:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-014-1391-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bar-Ilan, Judit, 2008. "Informetrics at the beginning of the 21st century—A review," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-52.
- Irene Ramos-Vielba & Mabel Sánchez-Barrioluengo & Richard Woolley, 2016. "Scientific research groups’ cooperation with firms and government agencies: motivations and barriers," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 558-585, June.
- Barry Bozeman & Daniel Fay & Catherine Slade, 2013. "Research collaboration in universities and academic entrepreneurship: the-state-of-the-art," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 1-67, February.
- Mabey, Christopher & Nicholds, Alyson, 2015. "Discourses of knowledge across global networks: What can be learnt about knowledge leadership from the ATLAS collaboration?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 43-54.
- Hird, Mackenzie D. & Pfotenhauer, Sebastian M., 2017. "How complex international partnerships shape domestic research clusters: Difference-in-difference network formation and research re-orientation in the MIT Portugal Program," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 557-572.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:31:y:2002:i:5:p:749-767. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.