New axiomatic characterizations of utilitarianism
We give new axiomatic characterizations of utilitarianism in the absence of the unrestricted domain assumption, examine independence of proposed axioms, and discuss connections between our axioms and the known ones.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wilhelm Neuefeind & Walter Trockel, 1994.
"Continuous Linear Representability of Binary Relations,"
Game Theory and Information
- Neuefeind, Wilhelm & Trockel, Walter, 1995. "Continuous Linear Representability of Binary Relations," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 6(2), pages 351-56, July.
- Claude D'Aspremont & Louis Gevers, 1977.
"Equity and the Informational Basis of Collective Choice,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(2), pages 199-209.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & GEVERS, Louis, . "Equity and the informational basis of collective choice," CORE Discussion Papers RP 350, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gevers, Louis, 1979. "On Interpersonal Comparability and Social Welfare Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 75-89, January.
- Kevin W. S. Roberts, 1980. "Interpersonal Comparability and Social Choice Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(2), pages 421-439.
- Eric Maskin, 1978. "A Theorem on Utilitarianism," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 93-96.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matsoc:v:58:y:2009:i:1:p:15-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.