Estimation of covariance matrices in fixed and mixed effects linear models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mathew, T. & Niyogi, A. & Sinha, B. K., 1994. "Improved Nonnegative Estimation of Variance Components in Balanced Multivariate Mixed Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 83-101, October.
- Haff, L. R., 1979. "An identity for the Wishart distribution with applications," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 531-544, December.
- M. S. Srivastava & Tatsuya Kubokawa, 1999. "Improved Nonnegative Estimation of Multivariate Components of Variance," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-38, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kubokawa, T. & Srivastava, M. S., 2003. "Estimating the covariance matrix: a new approach," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 28-47, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsukuma, Hisayuki & Kubokawa, Tatsuya, 2016. "Unified improvements in estimation of a normal covariance matrix in high and low dimensions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 233-248.
- Tsai, Ming-Tien & Kubokawa, Tatsuya, 2007. "Estimation of Wishart mean matrices under simple tree ordering," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(5), pages 945-959, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCovariance matrix Decision theory Estimation Haff identity Improvement James-Stein estimator Linear regression model Minimaxity Mixed effects model Multivariate normal distribution Stein identity Variance component Wishart distribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:97:y:2006:i:10:p:2242-2261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .