Multivariate Extensions of Univariate Life Distributions
A general approach for the development of multivariate survival models, based on a set of given marginal survivals, is presented. Preservation of IFR and IFRA properties and the nature of dependence among the variables are examined, and a recursive relation is suggested to obtain the resultant density function. In particular, an absolutely continuous Weibull distribution is derived and a few of its properties are studied.
Volume (Year): 67 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elandt-Johnson, Regina C., 1978. "Some properties of bivariate Gumbel Type A distributions with proportional hazard rates," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 244-254, June.
- Lee, Larry, 1979. "Multivariate distributions having Weibull properties," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 267-277, June.
- Johnson, N. L. & Kotz, Samuel, 1975. "A vector multivariate hazard rate," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 53-66, March.
- Shanbhag, D. N. & Kotz, S., 1987. "Some new approaches to multivariate probability distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 189-211, August.
- Shaked, Moshe, 1982. "A general theory of some positive dependence notions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 199-218, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:67:y:1998:i:1:p:72-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.