A Cross-Validation Bandwidth Choice for Kernel Density Estimates with Selection Biased Data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahmad, Ibrahim A., 1995. "On multivariate kernel estimation for samples from weighted distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 121-129, February.
- Morgenthaler, S. & Vardi, Y., 1986. "Choice-based samples : A non-parametric approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-125, June.
- Colin Wu & Andrew Mao, 1996. "Minimax kernels for density estimation with biased data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 48(3), pages 451-467, September.
- Marron, James Stephen & Härdle, Wolfgang, 1986. "Random approximations to some measures of accuracy in nonparametric curve estimation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 91-113, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José Cristóbal & José Alcalá, 2001. "An overview of nonparametric contributions to the problem of functional estimation from biased data," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 10(2), pages 309-332, December.
More about this item
Keywordskernel density estimate integrated squared error bandwidth nonparametric MLE weighted distribution biased sampling model cross-validation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:61:y:1997:i:1:p:38-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.