An approach to modeling asymmetric multivariate spatial covariance structures
We propose a framework in light of the delay effect to model the asymmetry of multivariate covariance functions that is often exhibited in real data. This general approach can endow any valid symmetric multivariate covariance function with the ability of modeling asymmetry and is very easy to implement. Our simulations and real data examples show that asymmetric multivariate covariance functions based on our approach can achieve remarkable improvements in prediction over symmetric models.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 10 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan Gelfand & Alexandra Schmidt & Sudipto Banerjee & C. Sirmans, 2004. "Nonstationary multivariate process modeling through spatially varying coregionalization," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 263-312, December.
- Gneiting, Tilmann & Kleiber, William & Schlather, Martin, 2010. "MatÃ©rn Cross-Covariance Functions for Multivariate Random Fields," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(491), pages 1167-1177.
- Michael L. Stein, 2005. "Statistical methods for regular monitoring data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(5), pages 667-687.
- Bo Li & Marc G. Genton & Michael Sherman, 2008. "Testing the covariance structure of multivariate random fields," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(4), pages 813-829.
- Sain, Stephan R. & Cressie, Noel, 2007. "A spatial model for multivariate lattice data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 226-259, September.
- Gneiting, Tilmann & Raftery, Adrian E., 2007. "Strictly Proper Scoring Rules, Prediction, and Estimation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 359-378, March.
- Tatiyana V. Apanasovich & Marc G. Genton, 2010. "Cross-covariance functions for multivariate random fields based on latent dimensions," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 97(1), pages 15-30.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:102:y:2011:i:10:p:1445-1453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.