An approach to modeling asymmetric multivariate spatial covariance structures
We propose a framework in light of the delay effect to model the asymmetry of multivariate covariance functions that is often exhibited in real data. This general approach can endow any valid symmetric multivariate covariance function with the ability of modeling asymmetry and is very easy to implement. Our simulations and real data examples show that asymmetric multivariate covariance functions based on our approach can achieve remarkable improvements in prediction over symmetric models.
Volume (Year): 102 (2011)
Issue (Month): 10 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gneiting, Tilmann & Kleiber, William & Schlather, Martin, 2010. "MatÃ©rn Cross-Covariance Functions for Multivariate Random Fields," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(491), pages 1167-1177.
- Alan Gelfand & Alexandra Schmidt & Sudipto Banerjee & C. Sirmans, 2004. "Nonstationary multivariate process modeling through spatially varying coregionalization," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 13(2), pages 263-312, December.
- Michael L. Stein, 2005. "Statistical methods for regular monitoring data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(5), pages 667-687.
- Bo Li & Marc G. Genton & Michael Sherman, 2008. "Testing the covariance structure of multivariate random fields," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(4), pages 813-829.
- Gneiting, Tilmann & Raftery, Adrian E., 2007. "Strictly Proper Scoring Rules, Prediction, and Estimation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 359-378, March.
- Tatiyana V. Apanasovich & Marc G. Genton, 2010. "Cross-covariance functions for multivariate random fields based on latent dimensions," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 97(1), pages 15-30.
- Sain, Stephan R. & Cressie, Noel, 2007. "A spatial model for multivariate lattice data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 226-259, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:102:y:2011:i:10:p:1445-1453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.