Shift to non-traditional grains in the diets of East and West Africa: role of women's opportunity cost of time
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lara Cockx & Liesbeth Colen & Joachim De Weerdt & Sergio Gomez Y Paloma, 2019. "Urbanization as a driver of changing food demand in Africa: Evidence from rural-urban migration in Tanzania," JRC Working Papers JRC107918, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Reardon, Thomas & Echeverria, Ruben & Berdegué, Julio & Minten, Bart & Liverpool-Tasie, Saweda & Tschirley, David & Zilberman, David, 2019. "Rapid transformation of food systems in developing regions: Highlighting the role of agricultural research & innovations," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 47-59.
- Ibrahim Hassen Worku & Mekdim Dereje & Bart Minten & Kalle Hirvonen, 2017.
"Diet transformation in Africa: the case of Ethiopia,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 48(S1), pages 73-86, November.
- Hassen, Ibrahim Worku & Dereje, Mekdim & Minten, Bart & Hirvonen, Kalle, 2016. "Diet transformation in Africa: The case of Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 87, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis & Adjognon, Serge & Reardon, Thomas, 2016. "Transformation of the food system in Nigeria and female participation in the Non-Farm Economy (NFE)," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 236284, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Doss, Cheryl R., 2001. "Designing Agricultural Technology for African Women Farmers: Lessons from 25 Years of Experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2075-2092, December.
- Goletti, Francesco & Wolff, Christiane, 1999. "The impact of postharvest research," MTID discussion papers 29, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Boughton, Duncan & Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Will promotion of coarse grain processing turn the tide for traditional cereals in the Sahel? Recent empirical evidence from Mali," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 307-316, August.
- Nhamo, Nhamo & Rodenburg, Jonne & Zenna, Negussie & Makombe, Godswill & Luzi-Kihupi, Ashura, 2014. "Narrowing the rice yield gap in East and Southern Africa: Using and adapting existing technologies," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 45-55.
- Cockx, Lara & Colen, Liesbeth & De Weerdt, Joachim, 2018. "From corn to popcorn? Urbanization and dietary change: Evidence from rural-urban migrants in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 140-159.
- Ruel, Marie T. & Haddad, Lawrence & Garrett, James L., 1999. "Some Urban Facts of Life: Implications for Research and Policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1917-1938, November.
- Akram, Waqar & Henneberry, Shida, 2016. "Consumption Patterns of Urban Punjab of Pakistan: Evidence from HIES 2013-14," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 237308, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dibley, David & Boughton, Duncan & Reardon, Thomas, 1995.
"Processing and preparation costs for rice and coarse grains in urban Mali: Subjecting an Ipse Dixit to empirical scrutiny,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 41-50, February.
- Dibley, David & Boughton, Duncan & Reardon, Thomas, 1994. "Processing and Preparation Costs for Rice and Coarse Grains in Urban Mali: Subjecting an IPSE DIXIT to Empirical Scrutiny," Staff Paper Series 201189, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Zhu, Drew, 2016. "Economics Is a Science of Time Saving: The First Tentative Model (2016)," MPRA Paper 75314, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pingali, Prabhu, 2007.
"Westernization of Asian diets and the transformation of food systems: Implications for research and policy,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 281-298, June.
- Prabhu Pingali, 2004. "Westernization of Asian Diets and the Transformation of Food Systems: Implications for research and policy," Working Papers 04-17, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Vardges Hovhannisyan & Stephen Devadoss, 2020. "Effects of urbanization on food demand in China," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 58(2), pages 699-721, February.
- Purushotham, Anjali & Aiyar, Anaka & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2021. "Dietary transition and its relationship with socio-economic status and peri-urban obesity," DARE Discussion Papers 2104, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Ruel, Marie T. & Haddad, Lawrence James & Garrett, James L., 1999. "Some urban facts of life," FCND discussion papers 64, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Levin, Carol E. & Maxwell, Daniel G. & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Ruel, Marie T. & Morris, Saul Sutkover & Ahiadeke, Clement., 1999. "Working women in an urban setting," FCND discussion papers 66, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hovhannisyan, Vardges & Devadoss, Stephen, 2017. "Effects of Urbanization on Food Demand in China," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258436, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Minten, Bart & Tamru, Seneshaw & Legesse, Ermias Engida & Kuma, Tadesse, 2018. "Dynamics in teff value chains," IFPRI book chapters, in: The economics of teff: Exploring Ethiopia’s biggest cash crop, chapter 13, pages 327-352, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Demont, Matty & Rutsaert, Pieter & Ndour, Maimouna & Verbeke, Wim, 2013. "Reversing Urban Bias in African Rice Markets: Evidence from Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 63-74.
- Hassen, Ibrahim Worku & Regassa, Mekdim Dereje & Berhane, Guush & Minten, Bart & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2018. "Teff and its role in the agricultural and food economy," IFPRI book chapters, in: The economics of teff: Exploring Ethiopia’s biggest cash crop, chapter 2, pages 11-38, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Minten, Bart & Tamru, Seneshaw & Engida, Ermias & Kuma, Tadesse, 2013. "Ethiopia’s value chains on the move: The case of teff:," ESSP working papers 52, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:19:y:1994:i:1:p:45-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.