Two-tier and negotiated tender offers: The imprisonment of the free-riding shareholder
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Dong, Ming & Hirshleifer, David & Noah, Robert, 2005.
"Do tender offers create value? New methods and evidence,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 3-60, April.
- Bhagat, Sanjai & Dong, Ming & Hirsheifer, David & Noah, Noah, 2004. "Do Tender Offers Create Value? New Methods and Evidence," Working Paper Series 2004-4, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Sanjai Bhagat & Ming Dong & David A. Hirshleifer & Robert B. Noah, 2004. "Do Tender Offers Create Value? New Methods and Evidence," Finance 0412011, EconWPA.
- Rosenkranz, Stephanie & Weitzel, Utz, 2007. "Bargaining in Mergers and Termination Fees," CEPR Discussion Papers 6210, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Comment, Robert & Schwert, G. William, 1995.
"Poison or placebo? Evidence on the deterrence and wealth effects of modern antitakeover measures,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 3-43, September.
- Robert Comment & G. William Schwert, 1993. "Poison or Placebo? Evidence on the Deterrent and Wealth Effects of Modern Antitakeover Measures," NBER Working Papers 4316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bremer, Marc & Inoue, Kotaro & Kato, Hideaki Kiyoshi, 2017. "Empirical evidence of coercive tender offers in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 71-86.
- Bates, Thomas W. & Lemmon, Michael L., 2003. "Breaking up is hard to do? An analysis of termination fee provisions and merger outcomes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 469-504, September.
- Goldman, Eitan & Qian, Jun, 2005. "Optimal toeholds in takeover contests," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 321-346, August.
- Cakici, Nusret & Hessel, Chris & Tandon, Kishore, 1996. "Foreign acquisitions in the United States: Effect on shareholder wealth of foreign acquiring firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 307-329, March.
- Guo, Enyang & Keown, Arthur J. & Sen, Nilanjan, 1995. "An explanation of bidder returns in corporate acquisitions: the case of Japanese acquisitions of U.S. firms," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 145-154, July.
- Corhay, Albert & Rad, Alireza Tourani, 2000. "International acquisitions and shareholder wealth Evidence from the Netherlands," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-174.
- S. Rosenkranz & U. Weitzel, 2005. "Bargaining in Mergers: The Role of Outside Options and Termination Provisions," Working Papers 05-32, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Burns, Natasha & Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2007. "Cross-listing and legal bonding: Evidence from mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1003-1031, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:19:y:1987:i:2:p:283-310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.