An analysis of forecasts of livestock prices
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Guney, Selin, 2015. "An evaluation of price forecasts of the cattle market under structural changes," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205109, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Garcia, Philip & Manfredo, Mark R., 2007. "Information Content in Deferred Futures Prices: Live Cattle and Hogs," 2007 Conference, April 16-17, 2007, Chicago, Illinois 37562, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Matthew T. Holt & Andrew M. McKenzie, 2003. "Quasi-rational and ex ante price expectations in commodity supply models: an empirical analysis of the US broiler market," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 407-426.
- Tomek, William G., 1996. "Commodity Futures Prices As Forecasts," Working Papers 127901, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Coble, Keith H. & Barnett, Barry J., 1999. "The Role Of Research In Producer Risk Management," Professional Papers 15803, Mississippi State University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Colino, Evelyn V. & Irwin, Scott H. & Garcia, Philip, 2008. "How Much Can Outlook Forecasts be Improved? An Application to the U.S. Hog Market," 2008 Conference, April 21-22, 2008, St. Louis, Missouri 37620, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- David Bessler & Zijun Wang, 2012. "D-separation, forecasting, and economic science: a conjecture," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 73(2), pages 295-314, August.
- Carl R. Zulauf & Scott H. Irwin, 1997. "Market Efficiency and Marketing to Enhance Income of Crop Producers," Finance 9711004, EconWPA.
- Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2004. "Forecast Encompassing And Futures Market Efficiency: The Case Of Milk Futures," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20267, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Riley, John M., 2013. "Extensionâ€™s Role in Commodity Marketing Education: Past, Present, and Future," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 45(03), August.
- Evelyn V. Colino & Scott H. Irwin, 2010.
"Outlook vs. Futures: Three Decades of Evidence in Hog and Cattle Markets,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(1), pages 1-15.
- Colino, Evelyn V. & Irwin, Scott H., 2007. "Outlook vs. Futures: Three Decades of Evidence in Hog and Cattle Markets," 2007 Conference, April 16-17, 2007, Chicago, Illinois 37577, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Bryant, Henry L. & Haigh, Michael S., 2001. "Estimating Actual Bid-Ask Spreads In Commodity Futures Markets," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20707, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Khurshid Kiani & Terry Kastens, 2008. "Testing Forecast Accuracy of Foreign Exchange Rates: Predictions from Feed Forward and Various Recurrent Neural Network Architectures," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 383-406, November.
- Ates, Aaron M. & Lusk, Jayson L. & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2016. "Forecasting Meat Prices using Consumer Expectations from the Food Demand Survey (FooDS)," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229858, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Tomek, William G. & Peterson, Hikaru Hanawa, 2000. "Risk Management In Agricultural Markets: A Survey," 2000 Producer marketing and Risk Management Conference, January 13-14, Orlando, FL 19580, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Tomek, William G. & Peterson, Hikaru Hanawa, 2000. "Risk Management in Agricultural Markets: A Survey," Staff Papers 121140, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Kastens, Terry L. & Schroeder, Ted C., 1996. "Efficiency Tests Of July Kansas City Wheat Futures," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
- Nerlove, Marc & Fornari, Ilaria, 1998. "Quasi-rational expectations, an alternative to fully rational expectations: An application to US beef cattle supply," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1-2), pages 129-161.
- Aasim M. Husain & Chakriya Bowman, 2004. "Forecasting Commodity Prices; Futures Versus Judgment," IMF Working Papers 04/41, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:18:y:1992:i:2:p:249-263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed