Conflict theory and racial profiling: An empirical analysis of police traffic stop data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schafer, Joseph A. & Carter, David L. & Katz-Bannister, Andra, 2004. "Studying traffic stop encounters," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 159-170.
- Borooah, Vani, 2010. "Racial Disparity in Police Stop and Searches in England and Wales," MPRA Paper 34471, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Brian Williams & Michael Stahl, 2008. "An analysis of police traffic stops and searches in Kentucky: a mixed methods approach offering heuristic and practical implications," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 41(3), pages 221-243, September.
- Berit Wigerfelt & Anders S. Wigerfelt & Jenny Kiiskinen, 2014. "When Colour Matters: Policing and Hate Crime," Social Inclusion, Cogitatio Press, vol. 2(1), pages 1-11.
- repec:eee:jcjust:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:42-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reitzel, John D. & Rice, Stephen K. & Piquero, Alex R., 2004. "Lines and shadows: Perceptions of racial profiling and the Hispanic experience," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 607-616.
- Tillyer, Rob & Engel, Robin S., 2012. "Racial differences in speeding patterns: Exploring the differential offending hypothesis," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 285-295.
- Schafer, Joseph A. & Mastrofski, Stephen D., 2005. "Police leniency in traffic enforcement encounters: Exploratory findings from observations and interviews," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 225-238.
- Tove Pettersson, 2014. "Complaints as Opportunity for Change in Encounters between Youths and Police Officers," Social Inclusion, Cogitatio Press, vol. 2(3), pages 102-112.
- Franklin, Travis W., 2010. "Community influence on prosecutorial dismissals: A multilevel analysis of case- and county-level factors," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 693-701, July.
- Lee, Joanna M. & Steinberg, Laurence & Piquero, Alex R., 2010. "Ethnic identity and attitudes toward the police among African American juvenile offenders," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 781-789, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:31:y:2003:i:1:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.