Who are the complaint-prone officers?: An examination of the relationship between police officers' attributes, arrest activity, assignment, and citizens' complaints about excessive force
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dugan, John R. & Breda, Daniel R., 1991. "Complaints about police officers: A comparison among types and agencies," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 165-171.
- Riksheim, Eric C. & Chermak, Steven M., 1993. "Causes of police behavior revisited," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 353-382.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harris, Christopher J., 2010. "Problem officers? Analyzing problem behavior patterns from a large cohort," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 216-225, March.
- Harris, Christopher J., 2012. "The Residual Career Patterns of Police Misconduct," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 323-332.
- Bazley, Thomas D. & Lersch, Kim Michelle & Mieczkowski, Thomas, 2007. "Officer force versus suspect resistance: A gendered analysis of patrol officers in an urban police department," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 183-192.
- Rabe-Hemp, Cara E., 2008. "Female officers and the ethic of care: Does officer gender impact police behaviors?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 426-434, September.
- repec:kap:atlecj:v:45:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11293-017-9538-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bostaph, Lisa Growette, 2007. "Race and repeats: The impact of officer performance on racially biased policing," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 405-417.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:29:y:2001:i:6:p:521-529. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.