Are members of the public tough on crime?: The dimensions of public "punitiveness"
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carter, David L., 1985. "Hispanic perception of police performance: An empirical assessment," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 487-500.
- Correia, Mark E. & Reisig, Michael D. & Lovrich, Nicholas P., 1996. "Public perceptions of state police: An analysis of individual-level and contextual variables," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 17-28.
- Carter, David L., 1983. "Hispanic interaction with the criminal justice system in Texas: Experiences, attitudes, and perceptions," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 213-227.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Payne, Brian K. & Gainey, Randy R. & Triplett, Ruth A. & Danner, Mona J. E., 2004. "What drives punitive beliefs?: Demographic characteristics and justifications for sentencing," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 195-206.
- Buckler, Kevin & Cullen, Francis T. & Unnever, James D., 2007. "Citizen assessment of local criminal courts: Does fairness matter?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 524-536.
- Payne, Brian K. & Tewksbury, Richard & Mustaine, Elizabeth Ehrhardt, 2010. "Attitudes about rehabilitating sex offenders: Demographic, victimization, and community-level influences," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 580-588, July.
- Applegate, Brandon K. & Cullen, Francis T. & Fisher, Bonnie S., 2002. "Public views toward crime and correctional policies: Is there a gender gap?," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 89-100.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:27:y:1999:i:5:p:467-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .