Commitment to regulatory bureaucracy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1969. "Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Haltiwanger, John & Waldman, Michael, 1986.
"Insurance and Labor Market Contracting: An Analysis of the Capital Market Assumption,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 355-375, July.
- John Haltiwanger & Michael Waldman, 1985. "Insurance and Labor Market Contracting: An Analysis of the Capital Market Assumption," UCLA Economics Working Papers 370, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Prescott, Edward C & Visscher, Michael, 1980. "Organization Capital," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 446-461, June.
- Michael Waldman, 1983. "Job Assignments, Signalling nad Efficiency," UCLA Economics Working Papers 286, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, pages 225-243.
- J. Luis Guasch & Andrew Weiss, 1982. "An Equilibrium Analysis of Wage—Productivity Gaps," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 485-497.
- MacDonald, Glenn M, 1980. "Person-Specific Information in the Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 578-597, June.
- Bengt Holmstrom & I. Ricard & Joan Costa, 1984. "Managerial Incentives and Capital Management," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 729, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Milton Harris & Bengt Holmstrom, 1981. "A Theory of Wage Dynamics," Discussion Papers 488, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1978. "Specific Capital and Labor Turnover," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 572-586, Autumn.
- Stephen Ross & Paul Taubman & Michael L. Wachter, 1981. "Learning by Observing and the Distribution of Wages," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in Labor Markets, pages 359-386 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Waldman, 1984. "Job Assignments, Signalling, and Efficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 255-267.
- Burdett, K. & Mortensen, Dale T., 1981. "Testing for ability in a competitive labor market," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, pages 42-66.
- Milton Harris & Bengt Holmstrom, 1982. "A Theory of Wage Dynamics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 315-333.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raphael Boleslavsky & Bruce Carlin & Christopher Cotton, 2017.
"Competing for Capital: Auditing and Credibility in Financial Reporting,"
1377, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Raphael Boleslavsky & Bruce I. Carlin & Christopher Cotton, 2017. "Competing for Capital: Auditing and Credibility in Financial Reporting," NBER Working Papers 23273, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roider, Andreas, 2007. "Risk, Delegation, and Project Scope," IZA Discussion Papers 3117, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dominik Schober, 2013. "Refinancing under Yardstick Regulation with Investment Cycles–The Case of Long-Lived Electricity Network Assets," EWL Working Papers 1321, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Jun 2013.
- Guerriero, Carmine, 2013.
"The political economy of incentive regulation: Theory and evidence from US states,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, pages 91-107.
- Carmine Guerriero, 2008. "The Political Economy of Incentive Regulation: Theory and Evidence from US States," Working Papers 2008.34, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Schober, Dominik & Weber, Christoph, 2015. "Refinancing under yardstick regulation with investment cycles: The case of long-lived electricity network assets," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-065, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Spiegel, Yossef, 1997. "The choice of technology and capital structure under rate regulation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, pages 191-216.
- Guerriero, Carmine, 2011.
"Accountability in government and regulatory policies: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, pages 453-469.
- Massenot, Baptiste, 2010. "Financial development in adversarial and inquisitorial legal systems," MPRA Paper 27098, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massenot Baptiste, 2010. "Financial Development in Adversarial and Inquisitorial Legal Systems," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 10.13, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Dutta, Sunil & Fan, Qintao, 2012. "Incentives for innovation and centralized versus delegated capital budgeting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, pages 592-611.
- Guthrie, Graeme, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Working Paper Series 3851, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Antonio Estache & L. Wren-Lewis, 2008. "Towards a Theory of Regulation for Developing Countries: Following Laffont's Lead," Working Papers ECARES 2008_018, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Anil Arya & John Fellingham & Doug Schroeder, 2000. "Accounting Information, Aggregation, and Discriminant Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 790-806.
- Sherman, Roger, 1989. "Institutional design for monopoly regulation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, pages 245-257.
- Anil Arya & John Fellingham & Jonathan Glover & K. Sivaramakrishnan, 2000. "Capital Budgeting, the Hold-up Problem, and Information System Design," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 205-216.
- Graeme Guthrie, 2006.
"Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 925-972.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2006. "Illegal Migration from Mexico to the United States," NBER Working Papers 12141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dai, Chifeng, 2009. "The appeals process in principal-agent relationships," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, pages 451-462.
- Armstrong, Mark & Sappington, David E.M., 2007. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
- Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian, 2004. "Purchasing sleeping patents to curtail budget padding," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 221-226, February.
- Dikolli, Shane S. & Vaysman, Igor, 2006. "Information technology, organizational design, and transfer pricing," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, pages 201-234.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:2:y:1986:i:4:p:243-258. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.