A mathematical programming approach to the computation of the omega invariant of a numerical semigroup
In this paper we present a mathematical programming formulation for the [omega]-invariant of a numerical semigroup for each of its minimal generators which is an useful index in commutative algebra (in particular in factorization theory) to analyze the primality of the elements in the semigroup. The model consists of solving a problem of optimizing a linear function over the efficient set of a multiobjective linear integer program. We offer a methodology to solve this problem and we provide some computational experiments to show the efficiency of the proposed algorithm.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Odile Marcotte & Richard M. Soland, 1986. "An Interactive Branch-and-Bound Algorithm for Multiple Criteria Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 61-75, January.
- Castro, F. & Gago, J. & Hartillo, I. & Puerto, J. & Ucha, J.M., 2011. "An algebraic approach to integer portfolio problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(3), pages 647-659, May.
- Jorge, Jesús M., 2009. "An algorithm for optimizing a linear function over an integer efficient set," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(1), pages 98-103, May.
- Özlen, Melih & Azizoglu, Meral, 2009. "Multi-objective integer programming: A general approach for generating all non-dominated solutions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(1), pages 25-35, November.
- Abbas, Moncef & Chaabane, Djamal, 2006. "Optimizing a linear function over an integer efficient set," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 1140-1161, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:215:y:2011:i:3:p:539-550. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.