Using tabu search with longer-term memory and relaxation to create examination timetables
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michel Gendreau & Alain Hertz & Gilbert Laporte, 1994. "A Tabu Search Heuristic for the Vehicle Routing Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(10), pages 1276-1290, October.
- Hertz, A., 1991. "Tabu search for large scale timetabling problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 39-47, September.
- Kang, Le & White, George M., 1992. "A logic approach to the resolution of constraints in timetabling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 306-317, September.
- Costa, Daniel, 1994. "A tabu search algorithm for computing an operational timetable," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 98-110, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meysam Shahvali KOHSHORI & Mehrnaz Shirani LIRI, 2012. "Multi Population Hybrid Genetic Algorithms for University Course Timetabling," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 2, pages 5-16.
- Burke, E.K. & Eckersley, A.J. & McCollum, B. & Petrovic, S. & Qu, R., 2010. "Hybrid variable neighbourhood approaches to university exam timetabling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(1), pages 46-53, October.
- Li, Jingpeng & Bai, Ruibin & Shen, Yindong & Qu, Rong, 2015. "Search with evolutionary ruin and stochastic rebuild: A theoretic framework and a case study on exam timetabling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(3), pages 798-806.
- Johnes, Jill, 2015. "Operational Research in education," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(3), pages 683-696.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:9:d:10.1057_jors.2008.102 is not listed on IDEAS
- De Boeck, Liesje & Beliën, Jeroen & Creemers, Stefan, 2016. "A column generation approach for solving the examination-timetabling problemAuthor-Name: Woumans, Gert," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 253(1), pages 178-194.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:58:y:2007:i:11:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lü, Zhipeng & Hao, Jin-Kao, 2010. "Adaptive Tabu Search for course timetabling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(1), pages 235-244, January.
- Abdul Rahman, Syariza & Bargiela, Andrzej & Burke, Edmund K. & Özcan, Ender & McCollum, Barry & McMullan, Paul, 2014. "Adaptive linear combination of heuristic orderings in constructing examination timetables," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(2), pages 287-297.
- Turabieh, Hamza & Abdullah, Salwani, 2011. "An integrated hybrid approach to the examination timetabling problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 598-607, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:153:y:2004:i:1:p:80-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.