Biased selection of the inventory reorder point when demand parameters are statistically estimated
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Rothschild, 1971. "On the Cost of Adjustment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 85(4), pages 605-622.
- Luhmer, Alfred, 1986. "A continuous time, deterministic, nonstationary model of economic ordering," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 123-135, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Strijbosch, L. W. G. & Moors, J. J. A., 2005. "The impact of unknown demand parameters on (R,S)-inventory control performance," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(3), pages 805-815, May.
- Prak, Dennis & Teunter, Ruud & Syntetos, Aris, 2017. "On the calculation of safety stocks when demand is forecasted," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(2), pages 454-461.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:51:y:2000:i:10:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601013 is not listed on IDEAS
- Janssen, Elleke & Strijbosch, Leo & Brekelmans, Ruud, 2009. "Assessing the effects of using demand parameters estimates in inventory control and improving the performance using a correction function," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 34-42, March.
- L W G Strijbosch & R M J Heuts & E H M van der Schoot, 2000.
"A combined forecast—inventory control procedure for spare parts,"
Journal of the Operational Research Society,
Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 51(10), pages 1184-1192, October.
- Heuts, R.M.J. & Strijbosch, L.W.G. & van der Schoot, E.H.M., 1999. "A Combined Forecast-Inventory Control Procedure for Spare Parts," Research Memorandum 772, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias, 2012. "Unbiased estimation of maximum expected profits in the Newsvendor Model: a case study analysis," MPRA Paper 40724, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexandre X. Carvalho & Martin L. Puterman, 2015. "Dynamic Optimization and Learning: How Should a Manager Set Prices When the Demand Function is Unknown?," Discussion Papers 0158, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Janssen, E. & Strijbosch, L.W.G. & Brekelmans, R.C.M., 2006. "Assessing the Effects of using Demand Parameters Estimates in Inventory Control," Discussion Paper 2006-90, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Strijbosch, L.W.G. & Moors, J.J.A., 1998. "Inventory Control : The Impact of Unknown Demand Distribution," Research Memorandum 770, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Janssen, E. & Strijbosch, L.W.G. & Brekelmans, R.C.M., 2007. "How to Determine the Order-up-to Level When Demand is Gamma Distributed with Unknown Parameters," Discussion Paper 2007-71, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecpeco:v:12:y:1987:i:1-4:p:283-292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505647 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.