Estimating integrated higher-order continuous time autoregressions with an application to money-income causality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hendry, David F. & Pagan, Adrian R. & Sargan, J.Denis, 1984. "Dynamic specification," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 1023-1100 Elsevier.
- Nicholls, D F & Pagan, A R, 1983. "Heteroscedasticity in Models with Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1233-1242, July.
- Weiss, Andrew A., 1984. "Systematic sampling and temporal aggregation in time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 271-281, December.
- Hendry, David F & Mizon, Grayham E, 1978. "Serial Correlation as a Convenient Simplification, not a Nuisance: A Comment on a Study of the Demand for Money by the Bank of England," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 549-563, September.
- Moriguchi, C, 1970. "Aggregation over Time in Macroeconomic Relations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(3), pages 427-440, October.
- Sargan, John Denis & Bhargava, Alok, 1983. "Testing Residuals from Least Squares Regression for Being Generated by the Gaussian Random Walk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 153-174, January.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Allais, Maurice, 1972. "Forgetfulness and Interest," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 40-73, Part I Fe.
- King, Robert G. & Plosser, Charles I. & Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W., 1991.
"Stochastic Trends and Economic Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 819-840.
- Robert G. King & Charles I. Plosser & James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1987. "Stochastic Trends and Economic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 2229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert G. King & Charles I. Plosser & James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "Stochastic trends and economic fluctuations," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Evans, G B A & Savin, N E, 1984. "Testing for Unit Roots: 2," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1241-1269, September.
- Gould, John P & Nelson, Charles R, 1974. "The Stochastic Structure of the Velocity of Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 405-418, June.
- Hendry, David F, 1986. "Econometric Modelling with Cointegrated Variables: An Overview," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 201-212, August.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1986. "The national bureau method, International capital mobility, and other essays," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-10, January.
- Banerjee, Anindya, et al, 1986. "Exploring Equilibrium Relationships in Econometrics through Static Models: Some Monte Carlo Evidence," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 253-277, August.
- Falk, Barry, 1986.
"Further Evidence on the Asymmetric Behavior of Economic Time Series over the Business Cycle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1096-1109, October.
- Falk, Barry L., 1986. "Further Evidence on the Asymmetric Behavior of Economic Time Series over the Business Cycle," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11097, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Evans, G B A & Savin, N E, 1981. "Testing for Unit Roots: 1," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 753-779, May.
- Neftci, Salih N, 1984. "Are Economic Time Series Asymmetric over the Business Cycle?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 307-328, April.
- Long, John B, Jr & Plosser, Charles I, 1983. "Real Business Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-69, February.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- David F. Hendry & Neil R. Ericsson, 1985. "Assertion without empirical basis : an econometric appraisal of monetary trends in ... the United Kingdom, by Milton Friedman and Anna J. Schwartz," International Finance Discussion Papers 270, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alok Bhargava, 1986. "On the Theory of Testing for Unit Roots in Observed Time Series," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 369-384.
- Lucas, Robert E., 1977. "Understanding business cycles," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 7-29, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McCrorie, J. Roderick & Chambers, Marcus J., 2006.
"Granger causality and the sampling of economic processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 311-336, June.
- McCrorie, J.R. & Chambers, M.J., 2004. "Granger Causality and the Sampling of Economic Processes," Discussion Paper 2004-39, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mariusz Maziarz, 2015. "A review of the Granger-causality fallacy," The Journal of Philosophical Economics, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, The Journal of Philosophical Economics, vol. 8(2), May.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:48-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chambers, MJ & McCrorie, JR & Thornton, MA, 2017. "Continuous Time Modelling Based on an Exact Discrete Time Representation," Economics Discussion Papers 20497, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Jewitt, Giles & Roderick McCrorie, J., 2005. "Computing estimates of continuous time macroeconometric models on the basis of discrete data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 397-416, April.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Posch, Olaf & van der Wel, Michel, 2016.
"Estimating dynamic equilibrium models using mixed frequency macro and financial data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 116-137.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Olaf Posch & Michel van der Wel, 2014. "Estimating Dynamic Equilibrium Models Using Mixed Frequency Macro and Financial Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 5030, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael A. Thornton & Marcus J. Chambers, 2013. "Temporal aggregation in macroeconomics," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Macroeconomics, chapter 13, pages 289-310 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Thornton, Michael A. & Chambers, Marcus J., 2017.
"Continuous time ARMA processes: Discrete time representation and likelihood evaluation,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 48-65.
- Michael Thornton & Marcus Chambers, 2016. "Continuous Time ARMA Processes: Discrete Time Representation and Likelihood Evaluation," Discussion Papers 16/10, Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:42:y:1989:i:3:p:319-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .