Exact statistical power for response adaptive designs
This paper develops a unified method to compute the exact statistical power for a general class of response adaptive designs including the randomized play-the-winner design, the drop-the-loser design, and the doubly biased coin design. The adaptation of treatment allocation in response adaptive designs is formulated as a Markov chain. The exact statistical power is computed based on the transition probability of the formulated Markov chain. The proposed approach is demonstrated through the ECMO trial example. The difference between the asymptotic and exact statistical power is also explored for large sample sizes.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 58 (2013)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William F. Rosenberger & Nigel Stallard & Anastasia Ivanova & Cherice N. Harper & Michelle L. Ricks, 2001. "Optimal Adaptive Designs for Binary Response Trials," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 909-913, 09.
- Lanju Zhang & William F. Rosenberger, 2006. "Response-Adaptive Randomization for Clinical Trials with Continuous Outcomes," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 562-569, 06.
- Yi, Yanqing & Wang, Xikui, 2007. "Goodness-of-fit test for response adaptive clinical trials," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(10), pages 1014-1020, June.
- Hu, Feifang & Rosenberger, William F., 2003. "Optimality, Variability, Power: Evaluating Response-Adaptive Randomization Procedures for Treatment Comparisons," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 671-678, January.
- Michael A. Proschan & Martha Nason, 2009. "Conditioning in 2 × 2 Tables," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 316-322, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:58:y:2013:i:c:p:201-209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.